Payments are issued Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week. Exceptions are University Holidays and Winter Break.
- Once issued, payments and the issue date are viewable in Smart Source under Invoice, Buyer Invoice or Web Financial. These payments are identified by a unique Payment Number Type, shown below.
- Registered suppliers check the status of invoices in the Smart Source system.
- All other suppliers send the inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of the inquiry an invitation will be requested to have the supplier register in the supplier portal.
Payment Number Types
- U.S. ACH (Direct Deposit): Begins with "!"
- U.S. Check: Begin with 05 (Drexel), 5 (ANS) or 7 (Drexel Online)
- Single Use Credit Payments: Begin with 05 (Drexel), 5 (ANS) or 7 (Drexel Online). The payment type Bank code or Enclosure code will state SU, S2 or SO.
- Federal Wire Transfers: Begin with 05 (Drexel), 5 (ANS) or 7 (Drexel Online). The payment type Bank code or Enclosure code will state WI, W2 or WO.
- Required for Foreign Suppliers accepting USD (U.S. Dollars).
Tips for Delayed Payments, Unpaid Invoices, Duplicate Payment Errors
Accounts Payable strives to process all payments on time with no duplicate payments made. Below you will find tips to help you understand potential issues with payments.
- Begin by submitting a requisition in Smart Source.
- Do not place an order without going through Smart Source.
- Vendors receive a copy of the purchase order by email.
- This purchase order states quantity and price.
- An invoice with the same quantity and price must reference the purchase order.
After vendors receive their purchase order, invoices must be submitted to email@example.com and follow these guidelines:
- PO number (U00XXXXX) is written on the invoice.
- File must be one of the following file types: .PDF, .DOC / .DOCX, .TIF / .TIFF, and .JPEG / .JPG
- Email must have only one attachment.
- Size of the attachment must not exceed 5MB.
Accounts Payable will not accept paper invoices for approved purchase orders. They will be discarded.
Drexel departments should not be submitting invoices. If an invoice is received, ensure it has a Smart Source approved purchase order number and return to the supplier for proper submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Departments and registered suppliers can view invoices in Smart Source to see approval status. For more information review the Smart Source Training Guides on the Procurement Services website.
- Departments that have an issue with the order or invoice, add a comment under the invoice comment tab in Smart Source noting why this invoice should not be paid.
- If departments fail to approve invoices, department finance administrators will be notified (in the comment tab) to take action.
- University employees can view invoices in Smart Source to see if an invoice has been submitted (3-5 days, email@example.com). For more information on how to search for the invoice status please review the Smart Source Training Guide Invoice Payment Status on the Procurement Services website.
- Only submit an invoice once. Search the system for your invoice and status of the invoice.
- Duplicate invoices will be canceled and the system will send a cancellation notice. Duplicate invoices cost the University time and money and delay the processing of the original invoice.
- Registered suppliers can view the status of submitted invoices in the supplier portal. Please refer to the help section of the supplier portal for instructions on how to search for the invoice and the status of the invoice. Suppliers who are not registered please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the status of the invoice. When the inquiry is received, an invitation will be requested to have the supplier register in the supplier portal.
There can only be one purchase order per invoice.
- Departments and registered suppliers can view purchase orders and invoicing against those in Smart Source to see if a purchase order is over-invoiced. For more information review the Smart Source Training Guides on the Procurement Services website.
- Blanket orders do not mean unlimited funding.
- Multiple employees in a department submitted the same requisitions.
- An employee submits the same requisition on multiple days or times.
- Tip: To avoid duplicate work and duplicate requisitions, first search for the requisition under Document Search, located on the left menu bar in Smart Source. Check the requisition for a purchase order number. Under the purchase order number is the invoice tab, which will provide the status of the invoice.
Non-catalog and catalog invoices sometimes do not attach to the purchase order when uploaded into Smart Source. Search by the supplier invoice number. Remember to take out spaces, slashes and dashes when entering the supplier invoice number.
Reimbursement requests should be completed in Smart Source using the online Check Request Form, located under Forms and Information on the Smart Source homepage. To access Smart Source, log in to DrexelOne, select the Employee tab, and click on Smart Source under Purchasing and Travel.
Use this online check request form for: staff and student non-travel reimbursements; honoraria; licenses; awards and prizes; dues and memberships; regulatory fees; gifts/donations; officials payment.
If you need to place an order for a good or service, you will need to utilize a Non-Catalog Order Form. If you have an invoice in hand for a good or service that has already been provided, you will need to utilize a Confirming Order (After the Fact) Form.