House staff have occurrence-based malpractice insurance for the full time of employment only while engaged in activities necessary for the completion of the fellowship. Those house staff are covered for claims after completion of the program. Any work outside the scope of the fellowship program ("moonlighting") requires separate malpractice insurance.
This is a non-contributory plan providing salary continuation and long-term disability benefits to all house staff.
House staff receive 20 paid days off from clinical patient care for vacation days. The specifics are documented in the House Staff Manual.
- Lab coats
- Employee assistance program
- Life support training (BLS, ACLS, ATLS, etc.)
- Parking at Chestnut Hill Hospital
- Hospital social events
- Payment for attending orientation
- MT license renewals (one renewal per PGY level, house staff responsible for initial MT license)
- Educational stipend
- Research funding
Please note that residents and fellows are employed by and insured by the hospital; they are not employees of Drexel University.