XFINITY On Campus™
Live and On-Demand Streaming TV and DVR powered by Comcast
XFINITY On Campus™ is a service from Comcast enabling students to watch and record live television or to watch on-demand content directly in a web browser or mobile device with the Xfinity Stream app. The service is provided free as part of Drexel University Housing. Attach a Roku player you supply to watch on your television set.
- Watch over one hundred HD television channels with searchable program guide.
- Twenty hours of Comcast DVR. Schedule recording of up to two programs simultaneously and then play them back at any time. Recorded shows can optionally be downloaded to watch off-campus or entirely off-line.
- Watch thousands of XFINITY On-Demand programs at any time.
- Optional premium upgrades to add channels, premium networks (including HBO, NFL RedZone and more), sports packages, and international programming.
- TV Go / TV Everywhere supported for viewing when on-line but NOT on the campus network.
- Direct access to Comcast to report problems and get help via the Comcast XFINTY on Campus™ portal.
XFINITY On Campus™ is available to officially enrolled Drexel University Housing residents only. There are no fees or complicated registration steps required to use the service. Your computer or mobile device must be connected to the Drexel Campus network to use most features.
- Exclusively for residents of Drexel University Housing.
- See the note on this page for the specific list of housing properties where service is supported.
- Please note that residents living in Affiliated Housing (Chestnut Square, The Summit and U Crossings) and API Properties are not eligible!
- Drexel user ID and password
- Active connection on the campus network (wired or DragonFly3 wireless)
- Current versions of Windows and Mac OS X Operating System with current Flash version
- Current versions of Apple iOS and Android devices
- Current versions of select Kindle Fire devices
- Roku Player (or Roku enabled smart TV) to watch on a television set
- Visit http://XfinityOnCampus.com in your web browser.
- Search for Xfinity Stream in your devices app store.
- Watch on your TV with a Roku player you supply and the Xfinity Stream channel downloaded for free from the Roku channel store.
- Mobile devices are optimized for video performance and provide a superior watching experience in comparison to computer web browsers.
- Drexel IT has found that Firefox offers the best watching experience on OS X and Windows computers.
Support and Help from Comcast
Visit the http://support.xfinityoncampus.com web site. After you sign in, select Support to find detailed help, FAQs and instructions on how to contact Comcast directly for support. Also see the Trouble Shooting & Help menu on this page.