DPA and Office of Postdoctoral Affairs receive 2019 Elsevier Award
January 22, 2020
The Drexel Postdoctoral Association (DPA) and Office of Postdoctoral Affairs received a 2019 Elsevier National Postdoc Appreciation Week (NPAW) Award. The award recognized the "Mentors in Motion" event as the Most Creative Event as part of the 2019 NPAW celebration September 16-20, a week-long celebration to raise awareness of and acknowledge the significant contributions that postdoctoral scholars ("postdocs") make to U.S. research and discovery.
The Mentors in Motion program was designed to empower networking and mentoring between Drexel postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, faculty members and alumni while engaging in a healthy physical activity.
NPAW 2019 marked the tenth annual global celebration with more than 500 events registered across the United States, Canada, and Europe.
"It is a wonderful way to let postdocs know that they are valued and recognized at their respective institutions," said Dr. Natalie Chernets, Director of Postdoctoral Affairs and Professional Development at Drexel.
The DPA and Office of Postdoctoral Affairs would like to thank the mentors and mentees who took part in the Mentors in Motion event.
2019 DPA Board Members:
- Elena Irollo, PhD, Pharmacology, DUCOM
- Stephanie Matt, PhD, Pharmacology, DUCOM
- Roshell Muir, PhD, Medicine – HIV, DUCOM
- Ipsita Mohanty, Pharmacology, DUCOM
- Eileen Collyer, PhD, Neuroscience, DUCOM
- Abigail Gilman, PhD Nutrition, CNHP
- Joseph Gardella, PhD, Phycology, COAS
- Paakhi Srivastava, PhD, WELL Center, Phycology, COAS
- Arun Kumar Soma, PhD, Physics, COA
- Director of Postdoctoral Affairs and Professional Development at Drexel– Natalie Chernets, PhD
See Official Press Release