Partnership with the Association for Women in Science (AWIS)
March 17, 2016
Drexel University is now an institutional partner of the Association for Women in Science (AWIS). AWIS is the largest multi-disciplinary organization for women in STEM dedicated to achieving equity and full participation of women in all disciplines and across all employment sectors. AWIS reaches more than 20,000 professionals in STEM around the country.
Drexel University supports and promotes diversity in STEM by providing faculty and graduate students with professional development and leadership training with information tailored to help you succeed.
As a result of Drexel’s partnership with AWIS, all interested undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in a STEM program are eligible to receive one year FREE access to AWIS benefits. Visit http://www.awis.org/drexel to join the AWIS community (using your university email)!
AWIS Membership Benefits
As an AWIS member you receive publications, each designed to bring you information from a different segment of our world –
- AWIS Magazine, award-winning magazine – covering research, workplace trends, career advancement and our work in Washington, DC.
- Washington Wire, bi-weekly e-newsletter providing a digest of “hot-topic” articles covering careers, education, science and technology work-life satisfaction, health, etc.
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities in industry, non-profit and academia through the AWIS Career Center
- Professional Development/Leadership Training through on-demand webinars and face-to-face workshops (discounted fee provided)
- Your local chapter – AWIS Philadelphia Chapter https://awis.site-ym.com/?ChapterList (chapter dues may be required)