Now Accepting Nominations for 2014-2015 Teaching Assistant Excellence Awards
January 27, 2015
The Committee on Teaching Assistant Excellence is accepting nominations for outstanding teaching assistants (TA)!
Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to nominate your highly effective TAs for certificates of recognition and monetary awards. Awards are distributed at Graduate Student Day.
2014-2015 Nomination Deadline: Friday, April 24, 2015
Nominees must meet the following requirements:
- Must be appointed as a TA and have taught at least one full quarter during the current academic year.
- Must be currently teaching or have taught courses/labs/recitations for which s/he had major responsibility and/or played a major role in the teaching of the class.
To Nominate a TA:
- Complete the TA nomination form
- Self-nominations will not be considered
- Cite specific examples and details to support your answer
- To qualify, at least one nomination must come from an undergraduate student who was or is currently enrolled the one or more of the TAs courses
Awardees, if still in school, will also be expected to participate in the Teaching Preparation Course (EDUC 775) activities during the week before classes begin in the fall.
For more information, contact the Committee Chair, Alexis Finger at 215.895.6818 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.