Early Move-In Programs
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, details and programming are subject to change as federal guidelines evolve. Continue to check back for Welcome Week updates. For the most up-to-date information, visit the Drexel University Coronavirus Website.
We can't wait for you to join our Drexel community as a new Dragon for Welcome Week this September! Kicking off Welcome Week is Move-In Weekend on Saturday, September 12; Sunday, September 13; and Monday, September 14 but we also make accommodations for students to move into their residence halls even earlier, with our early move-in programs.
Below are a few examples of previous Early Move-In Programs. For 2021, Early Move-In Programs are still being determined and will start no earlier than Thursday, September 9, 2021. Check back later in the summer for more information.
The following programs have been developed for
first-year students who wish to experience Drexel's campus prior to Move-In Weekend and meet the applicable requirements.
- Jewniversity – Looking for a unique opportunity to get connected to Jewish life at Drexel before the rush of classes begin? Want to build relationships with new and returning students? Interested in learning about Jewish student life at Drexel while exploring campus and Philadelphia? Then Jewniversity is for you!
- Novus Catholic Retreat – Build a friend group and feel at home on campus before school even starts! College is a great time to make your faith your own. The NOVUS retreat, hosted by the Drexel Newman Catholic Community, is a chance to root your college experience in faith and friendship. Explore the city, meet other Drexel students, and get to know your home away from home — the Drexel Newman Center. Contact Michael Gokie with questions at email@example.com.
- Empowerment Retreat – Transitioning from high school to college, or transferring from one college to another, is both an exciting and daunting experience for all first-year students. However, for underrepresented students of color, there may be an additional sense of uncertainty while learning to navigate and becoming confident in their space at a predominately white institution. THRIVE: Students of Color Early Move-in Empowerment Retreat is designed to empower first-year and transfer students who are historically underrepresented minorities to thrive, find their voice, and take their seat at the table in the Drexel community. Space is limited for this empowering opportunity. For more information, please contact Bernetta Millonde at firstname.lastname@example.org. For the upcoming year, students should prepare to attend workshops in order to:
- Discover Drexel's commitment to, and learn about resources supporting diversity and inclusion
- Develop the skill set of self-advocacy, resiliency, and handling implicit and explicit biases
- Gain a network of current students, faculty, and administrators of color
- MATE 100 – Incoming engineering and biomed students are invited to earn two credits and move into their residence halls early with “MATE 100: Materials for Emerging Technologies” a two-day first-year introductory engineering course taking place the Thursday and Friday before Welcome Week. MATE 100 includes hands-on laboratory sessions integrated with lectures on bio- and nanotechnology, materials for energy production, sustainable materials, and more. Space is limited. More information and the application link are available at MATE 100: Materials for Emerging Technologies.
- BUSN T180 – Incoming LeBow College of Business students are invited to get a head start on college by exploring key business concepts that will prepare them to tackle the course work ahead with “BUSN T180: Exploring Business & Leadership." More information and the application link are available at BUSN T180: Exploring Business & Leadership.
Additionally, early move-in accommodations can be made for other reasons, such as religious observances and disabilities. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Disability Resources at 215.895.1401 or email@example.com.
Please note: Students who participate in an Early Move-In Program waive their free parking.