We created a “4i” framework to guide intentional decision-making, resource alignment and investment in our people, programs, organizational structures, processes and facilities:
- Through INTEGRATION, we will create deeper connections and alignment across departments, the college, Drexel and the community to ensure coherence, promote positive culture, enhance individual and organizational capacity, maximize return on resources, streamline processes and improve efficiency.
- We will maintain consistent attention to, and investment in, questions, problems and solutions that exist at the INTERSECTIONS of domains to develop capacity and address the everchanging global landscape with maximum impact.
- We are committed to INCLUSION, the cultivation of the mindsets, behaviors and structures to sustain a positive culture in which all identities, talents and perspectives are recognized, valued and celebrated, and whose make-up is reflective of the demographics of broader society.
- We will sustain and expand our pursuit of collaborative, two-way INDUSTRY relationships ranging from for-profit, non-profit and community organizations to government agencies and other academic and research-based institutions to inform desired learning and research outcomes, and support all aspects of research, program, curriculum and practice.
Cross-cutting these strategic approaches, our efforts are focused on:
- responding to rapid change through curriculum renewal and intentional setting of our research agenda;
- accelerating the infusion of sustainability approaches across the curriculum, as well as in college administrative and financial operations;
- promoting collaborative engineering solutions by providing problem-based, team learning opportunities to engage students in the pursuit of solutions to society’s most pressing challenges; and
- transforming the education experience by training and re-training the trainers, continuing professional and research development