Siegler received his BSc degree in Aeronautical Engineering from Technion, Israel Institute of Technology in 1977, his MSc degree in Biomedical Engineering from Texas A&M University in 1979, and his PhD degree in Biomedical Engineering from Drexel University in 1982. He joined Drexel University in 1982. His research interests include Orthopedic biomechanics, Human Motion Analysis and Applied Dynamics.
Degrees / Education
- PhD, Biomechanics, Drexel University, 1982
- MSc, Biomechanics, Texas A&M University, 1979
- BSc, Aeronautical Engineering, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, 1977
Ankle Biomechanics, Total Joint Replacements, Modeling of the musculoskleletal system, Human Motion Analysis
Areas of Study
- Recipient of the 2018 Best Podium Presentation Award: Sorin Siegler, Maui Jepsen, Francois Lintz, “Surface-to-surface interaction at the joints of the ankle complex and foot in varus and valgus deformities.“, Presented at the International Foot and Ankle Biomechanics Conference, i-FAB 2018, New York, New York, USA, April 2018.
- Recipient of the 2016 Best Technical Podium Presentation: Belvedere C., Siegler S., Ensini A., Fortunato A., Caravaggi P., d’Amato M., Durante S., Leardini A., “A new computer-assisted procedure including medical Imaging, 3D modeling and printing for personalized joint replacement: the case of total-ankle.”, 16th Annual Meeting, International Society of Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka, Japan, June 2016.
- Recipient of the 2016 Joint Winner Research Award, Belvedere, C., Siegler, S., Ensini, A., Caravaggi, P., Durante, S., Namani, R., Toy, J., Leardini, A., “Effect of Variations in Ankle Surface Morphology on Joint Kinematics and Load-Transfer Characteristics”, Presented at the Foot International, FI-2016 (i-FAB, EFAS, DAF), Berlin, Germany, June 2016.
- Recipient of the Clinical Biomechanics Award: Siegler, S., Toy, Jason, Pedowitz, David, “"New Observations on the Morphology of The Talar Dome and Its Relationship to Ankle Kinematics.”, 2013 International Society of Biomechanics Congress, Natal, Brazil, August 2013.
- Sorin Siegler, Paolo Caravaggi, Alberto Leardini, “A novel Cervical Spine Protection Device (CSPD) for reducing neck injuries in contact sports: design concepts and in-vivo testing”, Journal of Sports Biomechanics, Accepted for publication, May 2018.
- Claudio Belvedere, Sorin Siegler, Andrea Ensini, Jason Toy, Paolo Caravaggi, Ramya Namani, Luca Giuseppe Princi, Stefano Durante, Alberto Leardini: “Experimental evaluation of current and novel approximations of articular surfaces of the ankle joint.”, Journal of Biomechanics, Accepted for Publication, April 2018.
- Tobias Konow, Caludio Belvedere, Andrea Ensini, Rewati Kulkarni, Alberto Leardini, Sorin Siegler, “Analysis of articular surface motion at the ankle and subtalar joint based on distance mapping.”, Journal of Biomechanics, Accepted for publication, May 2018.
- Claudio Belvederea, Sorin Sieglerb , , Andrea Ensini, Jason Toy, Paolo Caravaggi, Ramya Namani Giulia Giannini, Stefano Durante, Alberto Leardini, “Experimental evaluation of a new morphological approximation of the articular surfaces of the ankle joint”, Journal of Biomechanics, Volume 53, pp. 97-104, 2017.
- Sorin Siegler, Paolo Caravaggi, James Tangorra, Mary Milone, Ramya Namani, Paul A. Marchetto., “The envelope of motion of the cervical spine and its influence on the maximum torque generating capability of the neck muscles”., Journal of Biomechanics, Volume 48, Issue 13, pp 3659-3664, 2015.