Fredric L Plotnick, PhD, Esq, PE, is a well known authority on CPM Planning and Scheduling, and the legal impact thereof. Author of CPM in Construction Management with James J O'Brien and Contracts and the Legal Environment for Engineers & Architects with Joseph T Bockrath, Fred teaches as an adjunct Professor at Drexel and Temple Universities while providing consulting services to contractors, owners and software developers. Dr. Plotnick also has created and hosts the Construction CPM Conference since 2011, next to play in San Diego January 20-23, 2019.
Degrees / Education
- PhD, Civil Engineering, Drexel University, 2008
- ABD, Engineering Management, Drexel University, 1993
- JD, Law, Widener University, 1980
- MSCE, Civil Engineering (Construction Management), Drexel University, 1977
- BSCE, Civil Engineering (Geotechnical), Drexel University, 1975
Planning & Scheduling, Analysis of Delay, Analysis of Disruption, Intersection of Law and Forensic Engineering
Areas of Study
- CPM in Construction Management, 8th Edition, James J. O'Brien and Fredric L. Plotnick, McGraw-Hill, 2016.
- Contracts and the Legal Environment for Engineers & Architects, 7th edition, Joseph T. Bockrath and Fredric L. Plotnick, McGraw-Hill, 2010.
- Evidence Issues in Forensic Use of CPM Scheduling, The Construction Lawyer, Fall 2011, Volume 31, Number 4, p 25 et seq.
- Rewriting the CPM Scheduling Specification to Better Support the Project Owner, The Construction Lawyer, Summer 2015, Vol 35, No 3, p 31