Degrees / Education
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Yale University, July 2005 - June 2007
- PhD, Chemical Engineering, University of California - Santa Barbara, 2005
- BS, Chemical Engineering, University of Delaware, 2000
Solar cells; semiconductor thin films and nanomaterials; ultrafast spectroscopy
- College of Engineering Teaching Excellence Award (2015)
- NSF CAREER Award (2009)
- S. Li, M.A. Lloyd, H. Hempel, C.J. Hages, J. Marquez, T. Unold, R. Eichberger, B.E. McCandless and J.B. Baxter, "Relating Carrier Dynamics and Photovoltaic Device Performance of Single Crystalline CZTSe," Phys. Rev. Appl., 11, 034005 (2019).
- P. Billen, E. Leccisi, S. Dastidar, S. Li, L. Lobaton, S. Spatari, A.T. Fafarman, V.M. Fthenakis and J.B. Baxter, "Comparative Evaluation of Lead Emissions and Toxicity Potential in the Life Cycle of Lead Halide Perovskite Photovoltaics " Energy, 166C, 1089 (2019).
- S.Y. Smolin, A.K. Choquette, J. Wang, S.J. May and J.B. Baxter, "Distinguishing Thermal and Electronic Effects in Ultrafast Optical Spectroscopy Using Oxide Heterostructures," J. Phys. Chem. C, 122, 115 (2018).
- Y. Wu, S. Li, N. Gogotsi, T. Zhao, B. Fleury, C.R. Kagan, C.B. Murray and J.B. Baxter, "Directional Carrier Transfer in Strongly Coupled Binary Nanocrystal Superlattice Films Formed by Assembly and in Situ Ligand Exchange at a Liquid-Air Interface," J. Phys. Chem. C, 121, 4146 (2017).
- S. Dastidar, S. Li, S.Y. Smolin, J.B. Baxter and A.T. Fafarman, "Slow Electron-Hole Recombination in Lead Iodide Perovskites Does Not Require a Molecular Dipole," ACS Energy Lett., 2, 2239 (2017).
- M.E. Edley, G.W. Guglietta, S. Li, H. Majidi and J.B. Baxter, "Ultrafast Charge Carrier Dynamics in Extremely Thin Absorber (ETA) Solar Cells Consisting of Cdse-Coated Zno Nanowires," J. Phys. Chem. C, 120, 19504 (2016).
- A.J. Abel, A.M. Patel, S.Y. Smolin, B. Opasanont and J.B. Baxter, "Enhanced Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting Via Silar-Deposited Ti-Doped Hematite Thin Films with an FeOOH Overlayer," J. Mater. Chem. A, 4, 6495 (2016).
- G.W. Guglietta, B.T. Diroll, E.A. Gaulding, J.L. Fordham, S. Li, C.B. Murray and J.B. Baxter, "Lifetime, Mobility, and Diffusion of Photoexcited Carriers in Ligand-Exchanged Lead Selenide Nanocrystal Films Measured by Time-Resolved Terahertz Spectroscopy," ACS Nano, 9, 1820 (2015).
- B. Opasanont, A.G. Kuba, E.G. Louderback, K. Roy Choudhury and J.B. Baxter, "Relating Deposition Conditions to Zn(S,O,OH) Thin Film Properties for Photovoltaic Buffer Layers Using a Continuous Flow Microreactor," Chem. Mater., 26, 6674 (2014).
- J.B. Baxter, C. Richter and C.A. Schmuttenmaer, "Ultrafast Carrier Dynamics in Nanostructures for Solar Fuels," Annu. Rev. Phys. Chem., 65, 423 (2014).
- K.M. McPeak, B. Opasanont, T. Shibata, D.-K. Ko, M.A. Becker, S. Chattopadhyay, H.P. Bui, T.P. Beebe, B.A. Bunker, C.B. Murray and J.B. Baxter, "Microreactor Chemical Bath Deposition of Laterally Graded Cd1-xZnxS Thin Films: A Route to High-Throughput Optimization for Photovoltaic Buffer Layers," Chem. Mater., 25, 297 (2013).