Degrees / Education
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Yale University, July 2005 - June 2007
- PhD, Chemical Engineering, University of California - Santa Barbara, 2005
- BS, Chemical Engineering, University of Delaware, 2000
Semiconductor thin films and nanomaterials.
- College of Engineering Teaching Excellence Award (2015)
- NSF CAREER Award (2009)
- ACS PRF Alternative Energy Postdoctoral Fellowship (2005)
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship (2001)
- G.W. Guglietta, B.T. Diroll, E.A. Gaulding, J.L. Fordham, S. Li, C.B. Murray and J.B. Baxter, "Lifetime, Mobility, and Diffusion of Photoexcited Carriers in Ligand-Exchanged Lead Selenide Nanocrystal Films Measured by Time-Resolved Terahertz Spectroscopy," ACS Nano, 9, 1820 (2015).
- A.J. Abel, I. Garcia-Torregrosa, A.M. Patel, B. Opasanont and J.B. Baxter, "SILAR-Deposited Hematite Films for Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting: Effects of Sn, Ti, Thickness, and Nanostructuring," J. Phys. Chem. C, 119, 4454 (2015).
- B. Opasanont, A.G. Kuba, E.G. Louderback, K. Roy Choudhury and J.B. Baxter, "Relating Deposition Conditions to Zn(S,O,OH) Thin Film Properties for Photovoltaic Buffer Layers Using a Continuous Flow Microreactor," Chem. Mater., 26, 6674 (2014).
- J.B. Baxter, C. Richter and C.A. Schmuttenmaer, "Ultrafast Carrier Dynamics in Nanostructures for Solar Fuels," Annu. Rev. Phys. Chem., 65, 423 (2014). [invited review]
- H. Majidi, M.E. Edley, L. Spangler and J.B. Baxter, "Tailoring Absorber Thickness and the Absorber-Scaffold Interface in CdSe-Coated Zno Nanowire Extremely Thin Absorber Solar Cells," Electrochim. Acta, 145, 291 (2014).
- G.W. Guglietta, K. Roy Choudhury, J.V. Caspar and J.B. Baxter, "Employing Time-Resolved Terahertz Spectroscopy to Analyze Carrier Dynamics in Thin-Film Cu2ZnSn(S,Se)4 Absorber Layers," Appl. Phys. Lett., 104, 253901 (2014).
- J.B. Baxter and G.W. Guglietta, "Terahertz Spectroscopy," Analytical Chemistry, 83, 4342 (2011). [invited review]
- K.M. McPeak, T.P. Le, N.G. Britton, Z.S. Nickolov, Y.A. Elabd and J.B. Baxter, "Chemical Bath Deposition of ZnO Nanowires at Near-Neutral pH Conditions without Hexamethylenetetramine (HMTA): Understanding the Role of HMTA in ZnO Nanowire Growth," Langmuir, 27, 3672 (2011).
- J.B. Baxter and C.A. Schmuttenmaer, "Conductivity of Zno Nanowires, Nanoparticles, and Thin Films Using Time-Resolved Terahertz Spectroscopy," J. Phys. Chem. B, 110, 25229 (2006).
- J.B. Baxter and E.S. Aydil, "Nanowire-Based Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells," Appl. Phys. Lett., 86, 053114 (2005).