Dr. Yan's research interests lie in informetrics and scientometrics, scholarly data mining and analysis, and knowledge diffusion studies. His research helps to provide a vital empirical foundation for many facets of scientific activity, such as the propagation of innovations, the promotion of better and more transparent science policymaking, and the development of an equitable and sustainable scientific workforce.
- Library & Information Science
- Informatics & Data Science
Network science, information analysis and retrieval, scholarly communication methods and applications
- PhD, Information Science, Indiana University Bloomington
- Master of Information Science, Indiana University Bloomington
- Bachelor of Science, Nanjing University