Dr. Lin's major teaching interests include information retrieval, digital libraries, and programming Internet information systems (Java Programming). His research focuses on visual-based information access in the digital environment. He is particularly interested in applying information visualization techniques for information access, content management, and knowledge discovery.
- Informatics & Data Science
- Library & Information Science
Digital libraries, information visualization, knowledge mapping, object-oriented programming, information retrieval, information architecture, information-seeking behaviors in digital environments
- PhD in Information Science, 1993, University of Maryland at College Park.
- Master of Librarianship, 1986, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, 1982, Fujian Normal University, Fuzhou, China.