Drexel University College of Computing & Informatics (CCI) faculty and students are making several research and other contributions to the ACM conference Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW 2022), held virtually between Nov 8 and 22, 2022. CCI co-authors are listed below in bold.
- Assistant Professor Afsaneh Razi, PhD with Alsoubai, A., J. Song, N. Naher, M. De Choudhury, P. Wisniewski, “From 'Friends with Benefits' to 'Sextortion:' A Nuanced Investigation of Adolescents' Online Sexual Risk Experiences”. Proc. ACM Hum.-Comput. Interact. CSCW 2022.
- Swathi Jagannath (PhD Information Science '20), Neha Kamireddi (Drexel STAR Scholar/BS Biomedical Engineering '21), Katie Zellner (current PhD in Information Science student), Associate Professor Aleksandra Sarcevic, PhD, with Burd, R. S., and Marsic, I.A speech-based model for tracking the progression of activities in extreme action teamwork. Proceedings of the ACM on Human-Computer Interaction (PACM HCI), Vol. 6, Issue CSCW, Article No. 73 (25 pages), April 2022. Presentation at CSCW 2022 by K. Zellner.
- Former CCI Postdoctoral Researcher Shruti Sannon and Professor and Information Science Department Head Andrea Forte, PhD. (2022). Privacy Research with Marginalized Groups: What We Know, What’s Needed, and What’s Next. Proceedings of the ACM: Human-Computer Interaction (PACM: HCI). CSCW. **honorable mention**
- Assistant Professor John Seberger, PhD & Patil, S. (2022). Beyond the Pandemic and Privacy Concerns: Perceived Benefit and Expected Use of Pandemic-Tracking Apps in India. (PACM: HCI)
- Assistant Professor John Seberger, PhD, with Obi, I., Loukil, M., Liao, W., Wild, D., & Patil, S. (2022). Speculative Vulnerability: Uncovering the Temporalities of Vulnerability in People’s Experiences of the Pandemic. (PACM: HCI)
- Assistant Professor Afsaneh Razi, PhD with P. Dev, J. Medina, Z. Agha, M. De Choudhury, and P. Wisniewski, “From Ignoring Strangers’ Solicitations to Mutual Sexting with Friends: Understanding Youth’s Online Sexual Risks in Instagram Private Conversations”, In CSCW’22 Companion, November 8–22, 2022, Virtual Event, Taiwan, https://doi.org/10.1145/3500868.3559469
Organizing and Volunteering
In addition, Assistant Professor Jina Huh-Yoo, PhD is completing her four-year term as a member of the CSCW steering committee, and Professor Andrea Forte, PhD is completing her four-year term as the steering committee chair.