To recognize outstanding students, faculty, and professional staff at CCI, on an annual basis, the College will solicit nominations annually to acknowledge those individuals who demonstrate exemplary value, impact and expertise within our community throughout the academic year. For 2018-2019, awardees will receive a $2000 award.*
- Monday, January 14 to Friday, March 1: Informational announcement communicating award categories and nomination process distributed to all CCI;
Call for Nominations - nominations will be collected via Qualtrics survey.
- Monday, March 4 to Friday, March 8: Nominations vetted by appropriate supervisor (academic advisor for students)
- Monday, March 4 to Friday, March 8: Selection Committee appointed by Dean Deng; announcement of Selection Committee distributed to all CCI.
- Monday, March 11: All nominees notified via email with informal invitation to CCI Honors
- Monday, March 11 to Friday, April 5: Selection committee conducts review of all nominations in all categories and provides recommendations to the Dean’s Leadership Team
- Monday, April 8 to Friday, April 12: Final decisions are made by the Dean's Leadership Team
- Mid-April: Winners are notified and formally invited to a CCI Honors reception
- Mid-May: Winners formally recognized and nominees mentioned at CCI Honors
CCI STUDENT AWARDS:
- Outstanding Undergraduate Student Award: given to an undergraduate student who is actively enrolled in a CCI major and holding a cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher. Individuals identified will have demonstrated exceptionally strong academic accomplishments, research expertise, and/or maintained successful co-op performance from the start of their program.
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award: given to a graduate student who is actively enrolled in a CCI major. The student must hold a cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher. Individuals identified will have demonstrated exceptionally strong academic performance from the start of their program.
- Dean’s Student Leadership & Service Award: given to an actively enrolled student with a CCI major whose character, scholarship, and service best exemplify the spirit of CCI. Recognized for making significant contributions and fostering leadership within our academic community, this undergraduate and/or graduate student embodies the values of quality, inclusiveness and purpose.
- Student Teaching Excellence Award: given to an actively enrolled student with a CCI major who motivates, inspires, and engages students beyond the classroom. During their appointment becomes a more learned, creative and professional individual. Teaching or Course Assistants should exhibit a dedication to student learning, leadership and continuous improvement to their teaching practices and methods. Recipients must be making satisfactory progress toward their degree.
- PhD Research Excellence Award: given to an actively enrolled student with a CCI major who demonstrates scholarly achievement by impactful output. This student should have completed original, innovative research, scholarship and/or creativity throughout the last academic year. This recipient is someone who has been recognized on a national/international level for their contributions to their discipline. Recipients must be making satisfactory progress toward their degree.
CCI FACULTY AWARDS:
- Faculty Teaching Excellence Award: given to an individual, full-time faculty member who motivates, inspires, and engages students beyond the classroom. Effectively mentoring other faculty through their dedication to course design, curriculum innovation, and instruction delivery. Recipients demonstrate excellence for the discipline through strong evaluations and collaboration.
- Faculty Research Excellence Award: given to an individual, full-time faculty member who demonstrates scholarly achievement having impact within their professional research community and/or successfully attracts extramural funding for their research program. This recipient is someone who has been recognized on a national/international level for their contributions to their discipline.
- Faculty Leadership Award: given to an individual, full-time faculty member who through their leadership to the College or University, service to the field or service to the community has distinguished themselves among their peers through service, teaching and/or research contributions that have made a lasting, measurable impact.
CCI PROFESSIONAL STAFF AWARDS:
- Professional Staff Leadership Award: given to an individual, full-time staff member who embodies initiative, influence, and fosters collaboration while working to empower, mentor, and motivate others, driving productivity and improving effectiveness of tasks in support of the mission and vision at CCI.
- Professional Staff Achievement Award: given to an individual, full-time staff member who has performed their job with a superior level of competency, outstanding work ethic, and exceptional service that contributes to the overall well-being of the CCI organization.
Submit Your Nomination
To submit a nomination, please complete the Qualtrics survey.
Nominations will remain open until Friday, March 1, 2019. There is no limit to the number of nominations one can submit. Self-nominations are acceptable.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*Student recipients should note that the award may be taxed. Faculty and professional staff award funds will be taxed as prizes are processed through Drexel University’s Payroll department and received in your paycheck.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is considered a currently enrolled CCI student? A currently enrolled CCI student is defined as an Undergraduate, Graduate or Doctoral Level student actively seeking a degree offered by the College. Students with only CCI Undergraduate or Graduate minors declared as well as Certificate and Exploratory Study students are not eligible to submit for the awards at this time.
- Is there a limit to the number of nominations I can make? There is no limit.
- Are self-nominations allowed? Yes, you are able to self-nominate for all applicable categories.
- Who’s on the Committee? The Selection Committee will be composed of a member of the College leadership team, along with faculty representing each department, a CCI student and individual representing the professional staff. This Committee has not been appointed yet. The Committee will be announced once it is formed. The Selection Committee will make recommendations to the Dean’s Leadership Team for final decisions.
- What if someone on the Selection Committee is nominated? The Selection Committee has not been appointed yet. We ask that Selection Committee member who is nominated for an award recuses themselves as a judge for that category.
- Is the money taxed? How will it be received? The funds will be taxed. Prizes for faculty and professional staff will be processed through Drexel University’s Payroll department and will be received in your paycheck. Non-exempt staff are required to document hours devoted to the project for compensation purposes.
I’m a student.
- How will I receive my award? If you have been employed by Drexel University within the last calendar year, payment will go through the Payroll department and will be sent by direct deposit (if setup) or a check will be mailed to the home address on file. All other students will be required to fill out tax forms in order to process payment and a check will be mailed to your listed address.
- What if I’m no longer employed or enrolled at CCI at the time of the award? Only currently employed CCI faculty and professional staff and currently enrolled CCI students can be awarded.
- Can I win two years in a row? Back-to-back winners will not be allowed for the same category. Faculty and staff winners from previous years will be asked to participate on the Selection Committee.
- I have a question. Who should I contact? Please send an email to email@example.com
This Committee reviews all nominations and make recommendations to the Dean's Leadership Team for final award decisions
Dean's Leadership Team
Senior Associate Dean of Research and Operations
Associate Teaching Professor, Computer Science
Professor, Information Science
Doctoral Candidate- ABD
Senior Academic Advisor