Michael Carchidi, PhD, is an adjunct faculty member in the Biomedical Science program at Drexel University College of Medicine. He also serves as a senior lecturer in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics at the University of Pennsylvania and an adjunct professor of physics at Drexel University.
The University of Pennsylvania Department of Mechanical Engineering & Applied Mechanics
- Undergraduate courses: Dynamics, Optimization Theory, Simulation Theory and Vibration Theory
- Graduate courses: Advanced Dynamics, Advanced Engineering Mathematics, Functional Analysis, Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos, and Simulation Theory
Drexel University Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
- Undergraduate courses: Abstract Algebra, Complex Analysis, Difference Equations, Discrete Mathematics, Infinite Series, Linear Algebra, Mathematical Analysis, Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos, Numerical Partial Differential Equations, Optimization Theory, Ordinary Differential Equations, Partial Differential Equations, Real Analysis, Single-Variable and Multi-Variable Calculus, Techniques of Mathematical Proofs, Tensor Analysis and Vector Analysis
- Graduate Courses: Advanced Engineering Mathematics, Matrix & Tensor Analysis, Partial Differential
Drexel University Department of Physics & Atmospheric Science
- Undergraduate courses: Advanced Classical Mechanics, Advanced Electricity & Magnetism, Advanced Quantum Mechanics, General Physics for Engineers and Scientists, Kinetic Theory & Statistical Mechanics, Modern Physics, Special and General Relativity, Thermodynamics and Tensor Analysis
- Graduate courses: Mathematical Physics, Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos
Drexel University College of Medicine
- Undergraduate courses: Non-Calculus Based General Physics
The Pennsylvania State University, Department of Mathematics and Engineering
- Graduate courses: Matrix and Linear Algebra
Michael Carchidi, PhD, is interested in research in mathematics, and physics and engineering education. In addition to his teaching responsibilities, he has served as senior operations research analyst at QUANTICS Incorporated in Exton, Pa., on a full- or part-time basis since 1988.