Summer 2023 Global Health Opportunities
Please view these organizations’ websites for possible summer programs that would interest you. Depending on the travel restrictions at the time, you could have various opportunities: in person or virtual options.
Scholarship: The programs below, with the exception of IVHQ and Indian Health Services, are eligible for competitive Drexel scholarship awards. Award applications are due in April.
Duke Global Policy Program in Geneva: https://sanford.duke.edu/academics/special-programs/geneva-program
- Internship to work on global health policy projects with organizations in Geneva. For those exploring a career in GH as it involves policy.
- Applications due November.
Global Brigades: Weeklong programs in Honduras, Guatemala and others.
Ben Gurion University of the Negev: https://in.bgu.ac.il/en/Pages/default.aspx
- Learn about various aspects of global health decision-making, such as globalization, ethics, migration and case studies on topics such as COVID-19, climate change, AIDS and mental health.
- Around July; application due April
- Tuition $500; they offer competitive scholarships
Child Family Health International: https://www.cfhi.org/
FIMRC: FIMRC offers several programs https://www.fimrc.org/virtual-volunteer-programs
- Virtual Global Health Training, a 2- to 4-week remote classroom opportunity through case studies with a mentor $350-$500
- Virtual Global Health Fellowship, an intensive 1- to 2-month program, $500-$750
- Virtual Leadership
- And onsite programs
Pop Wuj: http://www.pop-wuj.org/
- Offering online Spanish learning via one-to-one Spanish courses and patient simulations, through Guatemala
- As well as on-site programs
Unite for Sight
- Certificate program: https://ghu.uniteforsight.org/
The Unite for Sight Certificate in Global Health is designed for those interested in learning about the fundamentals of quality global health delivery.
- Volunteer opportunities: https://uniteforsight.org/volunteer
Unite for Sight's Global Impact Corps rpovides year-round health care delivery in Ghana, India and Honduras.
- Has various programs
- Please review their website for more details. This opportunity is not eligible for Drexel scholarship funding.
Indian Health Services Medical Student Rotations: https://www.ihs.gov/msr/
- This opportunity is not eligible for Drexel scholarship funding
*Program fees and scholarship amounts may change every year.
Back to Top