Discovery Day Research Posters
Discovery Day 2018
Tuesday, October 23 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center
- Deadline for poster submissions is September 27, 2018. Platform submissions are no longer being accepted.
Submit an abstract
PowerPoint templates for posters with Drexel University College of Medicine–approved logos can be found here:
Please do not use the College "Studium Et Inventio" Seal, which is reserved for documents such as diplomas.
Participants are responsible for printing their own posters prior to Discovery Day. There are two options for printing your poster:
Please note: Posters will not be delivered to the Convention Center. You must pick up your poster and bring it with you to Discovery Day.
Center for Scientific Communication and Outreach
When to submit:
- It is highly recommended you submit your poster for printing no later than October 17, 2018.
- All posters submitted for printing after October 17 will be printed on a first come, first served basis.
How to submit:
- Posters should be in a PPT (preferred) or PDF format.
- The file should be emailed directly to:
- You will be notified of your pickup date by email.
- Make sure you review the file submitted. We do not proofread.
Where to pick up your poster:
- Center City Campus in the New College Building located at 245 N. 15th Street, 18th Floor, Room 18302A (directly across from the elevator).
- Please see Raphael Lukov.
- Posters can be picked up any time after your availability date, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.) Please make arrangements if you require a pickup outside these hours.
- The pickup site is conveniently located one block from the Philadelphia Convention Center, and Discovery Day morning pickup is available for those who cannot travel to Center City before the day of the event.
- A free shuttle service is provided from University City and Queen Lane. The shuttle schedule is found on Drexel's transportation page.
- Pricing is $50 for a Discovery Day poster using one of the templates above.
- Payment for printing posters is due at the time of pickup in the form of department funding or organizational codes, cash, or check.
- Credit cards are not accepted.
- A $20 rush charge will be applied to posters needed in under 24 hours.
- This is a Discovery Day promotional price. Your poster will be printed EXACTLY as it is submitted. We do not provide proofreading services.
Back to Top
Graphics Lab at MacAlister Hall
The Graphics Lab is managed by Peter Groesbeck, graphic designer. The lab provides design work and large format printing and mounting.
How to Submit a Poster for Printing
Cost for printing is $4/square foot and an additional $2/square foot for mounting. Cash, check or interoffice charge are accepted.
- You may email your file to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring your file on a USB drive to the lab at MacAlister 4013 during hours listed below.
- A standard poster size is 36" X 48," but up to 60" wide is possible.
- The largest foam board mounting size is 39" x 59."
- When you email us your file, name it as follows: last name, first initial, print size in inches, Mounted or Unmounted.
- Example: SmithJ36X48Unmounted.jpg
- All prints are done on Luster paper (semi-gloss) unless otherwise requested. Color or B&W are the same price.
- You may send us a PowerPoint, PDF, JPEG or TIFF document. PDF is preferred.
- Plan ahead. Sometimes it takes a few days to get a poster printed due to large volume.
Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – noon, 1 – 4 p.m.
Closed Saturday, Sunday and University Holidays
MacAlister Hall, Room 4013
Back to Top