Vonage Business Phone Service
The new Drexel Medicine West Reading Campus will be supported by Drexel IT using Vonage Business Phone Service beginning July 12, 2021. Features and Use Instructions are provided below.
The Vonage Business Phone Service provided by Drexel IT offers enterprise telephone services for the campus. In addition to providing traditional desk telephone instruments, the Vonage service provides truly mobile access to a rich set of unified communications features for your Drexel phone service via the Vonage Business Communications application installed on your desktop or laptop computers (Mac or Windows) and on your mobile devices (Apple iOS and Android).
- Available on your smart phone or tablet: Install the Vonage Business Communications (VBC) mobile application on your phone or table, allowing you Drexel phone service to be truly portable. Use your local devices contact directory or a Drexel company directory to initiate calls. Additionally you control your voice mail, greetings, forwarding, and even control ringing options directly from the mobile app.
- Available on your laptop or desktop computer: Install the Vonage Business Communications (VBC) application on your Mac or Windows computer. All the same features available on your mobile phone or tablet are available on your computer.
- Visually Voicemail controlled by your mobile or desktop applications. Voicemail to email supported.
- Audio and Video conferencing supported on the VBC applications.
- SMS Text messaging available using your Drexel phone number on the VBC application
- Simple and consistent dialing instructions. When dialing manually (on the app keyboard or on a desktop phone instrument) always dial 10 digit for all domestic calls. Just as if you were calling from your cell phone. No need to dial 9 for an outside line. Don't dial before area codes. For emergencies dial 911.
- Desktop Phone Instruments. Traditional Voice Over Internet (VOIP) telephone instruments available to support business office needs. Duplex speaker phone support included, along soft keys and color display to help control advanced calling features such as conferencing, transfer, and speed dialing. Calls be can be initiated by your mobile or desktop app and sent to your desktop phone instrument. Seamless transfer of calls (Call Flip) to-and-from VBC applications and desktop phone instruments.
- Call logs and call history available on VBC application and most dekstop VOIP phones.
- Although your VBC application is portable and moves with you on your mobile phone, tablet, or with your laptop/desktop computer. Please DO NOT move or relocate desktop VOIP telephone instruments. These VOIP instruments are fully managed on the Drexel network by Drexel IT and will not continue to work if relocated. Contact the Drexel Network Operations Center for assistance if you need to move or adjust physical phone instruments.