Terms of Service for Zoom Online Meeting and Video Conferencing
Revised August 28, 2018
The Zoom Service (the "Service") is a cloud-based meeting service licensed by Drexel University (the “University”) for multi-party conference calls with audio, video, and text communications along with screen sharing and file exchange. BY USING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS OF SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERM OF SERVICE, YOU MAY NOT USE THE ZOOM SERVICE PROVIDE BY THE UNIVERSITY.
- POLICIES. You acknowledge and agree that the Drexel University Acceptable Use Policy and other applicable policies apply to the Service regardless of the device or network used to access the Service.
- "Sensitive Data" means data containing a) protected health information (PHI), including information covered by HIPAA.
- "Non-Sensitive Data" means publicly available data and other data not included in the definition of Sensitive Data.
- "Standard Account" means your account for Zoom service accessed from http://drexel.zoom.us.
- "HIPAA Private Account" means your account for Zoom service accessed from http://drexelprivate.zoom.us.
- LIMITATIONS ON USE. Zoom meetings or calls involving Sensitive Data must be conducted using a HIPAA Private Account and may not be conducted using any other form of Zoom account, including a Standard Account provided by Drexel.
- BUSINESS USE. The Service is primarily for University business purposes and, as such, follows the same de-provisioning rules as other systems when an individual is no longer affiliated with the University.
- MONITORING. You agree that your usage and all data is subject to review at any time by the University for purposes of ensuring compliance with University policies.
- COMPLIANCE. You will not take any action that encourages or assists others in engaging in any acts prohibited under this Terms of Service (including, without limitation, providing others with the ability to access Sensitive Data outside the scope of these Terms).
- DIRECTION. You will abide by administrative directives issued from time to time by Zoom Video Communications, Inc. and/or Drexel University concerning access to or use of the Service.
If you are found to be in violation of these Terms of Service, the University may take disciplinary action, including restriction of and possible loss of access to the Service, other computing, networking, or service privileges, or more serious consequences, up to and including suspension, termination, or expulsion from the University. You may also be subject to federal, state and local laws applicable to the misuse of computer systems