First-Year Exploratory Studies Program
The First-Year Exploratory Studies program provides students the opportunity to explore Drexel’s academic options and interests before selecting a major. Students who enroll in this program complete a one-year, full-time plan of study in their first year and then transfer to a full-time major at Drexel at the end of that year.
The First-Year Exploratory Studies program assists and empowers you to:
- Examine your academic options
- Find the major that best suits your goals
- Make a smooth and academically sound transition from First-Year Exploratory Studies to your chosen degree program
The First-Year Exploratory Studies program gives you the flexibility to search for a major without falling behind on credits. The Goodwin College staff provides one-on-one guidance as you narrow your academic and career interests. They also help you complete course planning and major selection. This support enables you to make well-informed decisions in selecting the right degree program and career path.
- Strong developmental academic and career advising
- Manageable credit loads to encourage exploration and reflection
- Seminar courses that provide guidance and support specific to Exploratory Studies students
- Engagement with other students in the exploratory program as well as in prospective majors
- Use of campus resources to discover academic options and plan for the post-baccalaureate years