First-Year Exploratory Studies Peer Mentoring Program
As a first-year student, you can count on the support of First-Year-Exploratory Studies (FYES) alumni to mentor you through your first year of college life, and beyond.
Benefits of Peer Mentoring
- Discover your major with insights from students who have shared your experiences
- Meet in-person or online to get your questions answered
- Learn, share and collaborate with peers across the University
- Build an academic community and make important friendships
- Gain a true insider’s guide to living on campus, making the most of co-ops, studying for exams and mastering Drexel’s quarter system
Becoming a Peer Mentor
Want to give back to next year's class? Maybe peer mentoring is in your future!
Peer mentors are responsible for providing new students with the tools and support needed to ensure a smooth transition into the University and successful discovery of their major.
Through this experience, you will gain key leadership and management skills that are important for co-op and job applications. Better yet, you can help build a community here at Drexel and feel a great sense of achievement and pride.
To be considered for the Peer Mentoring Program you must have completed the FYES program and are willing to devote time on a weekly basis during mandatory check-in sessions, in classes (University 101, Academic Planning & Exploration, Career Planning & Exploration), and informally with students outside the classroom.
If you are interested, please e-mail Managing Director Marna Mozeff at email@example.com.
Meet Our Student Advisory Board
The First-Year Exploratory Studies Student Advisory Board is a group of highly-engaged students who play a valued part in shaping FYES programming. The Board meets quarterly to discuss and provide suggestions around course content, activities and events, how to best utilize peer mentors in and out of the classroom, and how to improve student experience.
The Board includes alumni and some current students from the FYES program, many of whom join after becoming peer mentors, or are recommended by faculty to program leadership.
2020/2021 Student Advisory Board Members & Majors:
- Michelle Ampofo Management Information Systems
- Alessandra Barone, Nursing
- Angie Batista, Mechanical Engineering
- Lauren Filipe, Psychology
- Lina Girgis, Architectural Engineering
- Serena Hermitt, Global Studies
- Julia Love, Global Studies
- Hung Nguyen, Environmental Engineering
- Sana'i Parker, FYES STEM
- Matt Plesco, History & Communication with a concentration in journalism
- Julianna Rudnick, Global Studies
- Carey Talbot Sanders, Hospitality Management
- Rutzel Sophia, Marketing
- Grace Zaborski, Environmental Studies and Sustainability
If you are interested in becoming a member of the FYES Student Advisory Board, please e-mail Managing Director Marna Mozeff at firstname.lastname@example.org.