Online and In-Person Degree Completion Programs
What are Degree Completion Programs?
Degree Completion Programs at Goodwin College offer flexible learning pathways to finish a bachelor’s degree or earn Drexel credits as a non-matriculated student. Many students in Degree Completion Programs are adult learners seeking part-time and online flexibility. One of the main highlights of Goodwin’s Degree Completion Programs is our flexible transfer credit policy, which allows working adults to maximize academic, professional and military learning—so you can save time and money, and make the most out of your hard work.
Drexel Goodwin Degree Completion Programs
Goodwin College of Professional Studies offers multiple Degree Completion Programs online & in person that help you ensure that credits earned at Drexel or another institution do not go to waste.
- The Bachelor of Science in General Studies
Is a flexible degree completion program that allows you to stack minors and credentials from across the University to create a personalized, interdisciplinary plan of study. You can finish your bachelor's degree online or through face-to-face instruction. With up to 135 transfer credits accepted, this is the most efficient path to earning a Bachelor of Science degree. It is also a great option for current undergraduate students seeking to transfer or change majors without falling behind on time to graduation.
- Studying as a non-degree, non-matriculated student
Allows you to enroll in less than 12 credits per term for a variety of reasons, including to earn the requisite 24 credits required to transfer into a degree program, to fulfill prerequisites for a graduate program or to transfer credits back to your home institution.
Degree Completion Programs offer transfer credit evaluations which can identify credit opportunities from college-level learning from your educational, work, military and life experiences.
Degree Completion Program Requirements
Drexel’s admission office takes a holistic approach when reviewing transfer applications into the BS in General Studies. Many factors are considered when reviewing applicants' files, including the full range of their academic achievements, which takes into consideration GPA, most recent coursework, major, professional and military experience, and essay. All applicants are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and students can request a preliminary transfer credit evaluation before applying.
Entry into the BS in General Studies requires:
- Minimum of 24 transfer credits
- 2.5 GPA of previous college-level learning from an accredited institution
Non-matriculated students are required to have a high school diploma or GED equivalency. International students must provide a copy of their I-20 from their current institution to enroll as a non-matriculated student.
Benefits of Online & In-Person Degree Completion Programs
- Program flexibility: Take courses online or on-campus and part time. Build a course of study around your schedule & goals with a program that understands the needs of working adult learners.
- Individual courses & individual programs: Design a degree & enroll in courses that meet your professional trajectory.
- One-on-one advising: Get assistance navigating course enrollment, Drexel’s 10-week quarters, learning resources, and getting back into student mode if you’ve spent time away from the classroom.
- Access to Drexel resources & networks: Benefit from Drexel’s renowned experiential education and expand your network through faculty connections and the Steinbright Career Development Center.
- Transfer credit policy: Unlike many programs, our BS in General Studies allows you to transfer up to 135 out of 180 credits needed to complete your degree. Maximize academic, military and professional learning to make the most out of your hard work.