After receiving his Ph.D. from Brown University in 1983, Dr. Cohen served in the Department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Rhode Island. He received the Research Excellence Award from the College of Engineering at Rhode Island in 1985. In 1987, he joined Drexel University and currently serves as Director of the ECE Department's Imaging and Computer Vision Center (ICVC). In 2003, he received the Thomas W. Moore Teaching Award.
Dr. Cohen's recent projects involve:
- Invariant theory of 2D and 3D shapes with applications in brain mapping and registration
- Object tracking
- Motion estimation
- Face recognition
- Analysis of ultrasound B-scan images for tissue characterization in human organs
Dr. Cohen's most cited paper so far is "Automated Inspection of Textile Fabrics Using Textural Models," co-authored with Z. Fan and S. Attali (IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, August 1991, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 803-808).
Degrees / Education
- PhD, Brown University, 1983
- MS, Electrical Engineering
- BS, Physics, American University in Cairo
Computer vision; medical image processing; applied stochastic processes