Biostatistics Scientific Collaboration Center (BSC)
Welcome to the Biostatistics Scientific Collaboration Center (BSC)! The BSC is based in the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the Dornsife School of Public Health.
If you are looking for team members who can contribute data management best practices, participate in study design, and conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis, then you have come to the right place. Our goal is to facilitate rigorous, reproducible research with strong scientific premise informed by sound statistical methodology, while fostering a spirit of interdisciplinary team science.
The BSC is a fee-for-service center, and our experienced team is here to collaborate with you every step of the way.
Range of Biostatistics Services
We appreciate the opportunity to join as you begin to plan your study by engaging in conversations about refining study design and aims with a biostatistics and data management lens. We can bring our experience to:
- Perform power and sample size calculations based on preliminary data already summarized/analyzed.
- Use preliminary data to perform analyses to strengthen prior research and scientific rigor for the significance and approach sections of the grant.
- Provide you with best practices and guidance as you build and maintain your database, or you can leave it to us for all database needs.
- Develop study plans for meeting data security and management requirements set by the NIH and other regulatory agencies.
- Review grant applications and other proposals with emphasis on rigor and reproducibility.
- Are you utilizing data already collected? No problem, the BSC can be the group that performs the quantitative analyses for your project.
How It Works
Based on your project needs, the BSC assembles a team of biostatisticians, qualitative experts, and data collection specialists to join in collaboration with your study team.
The BSC is task-based, and together we create and implement a Scope of Work (SOW) for a set of clearly defined deliverables for each stage of the data management and analysis process. Projects are priced by tier depending on the time, personnel needed, project complexity, and Drexel affiliation. Please see below for examples of BSC deliverables.
Schedule a Consultation
Is BSC a good fit to join your team? Please help us learn more about your project and research by completing the BSC Intake form.
After you complete the form a member of our team will respond to your request within two business days to set up a time to meet.
Please also feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com. We are excited about the possibility of collaborating with you!
- Reneé H. Moore, PhD, Director
- Kelly Courts, MPH, Data Collection Specialist
- Megan Smith, BS, Administrative Manager
- Daniel Vader, PhD, Statistician
- Jordan Wilson, MPH, Statistician & Qualitative Researcher
- Yasemin Algur, MPH, Statistician
- Georgeanne Bieg, MBA, Department Senior Business Manager
Examples of BSC Tasks
The BSC team can contribute to your project in the following ways, and more:
- Study Design: Power Analysis & Statistical Review of Grant Proposal
- Quantitative/Qualitative Aims
Aims, Rigor & Reproducibility, Stat Methods Section
- Creation of Analytic Dataset
- Data Cleaning
- Merging Multiple Sources of Data
- Creation of Derived Variables and Scoring Constructs
- Quantitative & Qualitative Analysis
- REDCap Database Development, Implementation, Maintenance
- Honest Broker (unblinded team for data management and analysis)
- Collaboration on Reports Required for Regulatory and Funding Agencies (e.g. DSMB, NIH)
- Collaboration on Manuscripts
- Response to Reviewers for Grants and Manuscripts
- Data Mining and Analysis of Large, Administrative, or Publicly Available Datasets (e.g. NHATS)
Contact BSC via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.