For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Second-Year Student Housing Overview

Implemented in 2011, Drexel's 2-Year Residency Program was developed to provide First-Year and Second-Year students a wide range of learning and lifestyle housing options to customize their Drexel living experience.

As a Second-Year you have a variety of housing options to choose from. You must select one of the following:

*Bentley Hall is only available to second year/sophomore students are who part of the Honor's College Living Learning Community.

Additional Information regarding the 2-Year Residency Program

Housing Exemption Requests

 Students may request an exemption from Drexel's 2-Year Residency Program due to co-op, study abroad or if they are a commuter student. 

Students with special needs or an extenuating circumstance including financial, medical, or religious reasons may also request an accommodation. Should a student request an accommodation after prior use of housing services without such an accommodation, the student may be asked to clarify or explain the change in circumstances prompting the request. 

A second-year student who would like to request an exemption from the 2-Year Residency Program for the reasons listed below must complete a 2-Year Residency Residency Exemption/Accommodation Request Form located in the Housing and Dining Portal. The Housing and Dining Portal can be found within DrexelOne.

Housing Exemption Reasons 

  • Commuting from permanent address within a 10-mile radius of Drexel University (approved zip code list) with a University listed parent or guardian.
  • Co-op opportunity that is outside of the 10-mile radius of Drexel University AND opts to live outside the 10-mile radius of Drexel University.
  • Study Abroad opportunity
  • Financial Hardship
  • Religious Accommodation
  • Medical Accommodation
  • Other Extenuating Circumstances


Second-Year/Sophomore students who fail or refuse to comply with the 2-Year Residency Program and/or furnish false information to a university official or office will be assessed a housing charge equivalent to two academic quarters, posted to their student account at the beginning of week seven of the spring quarter during the student's second year. Non-compliant students will be charged the double-occupancy, suite-style rate within the applicable assessment year.


For financial aid purposes, university-affiliated housing is considered "off-campus" on the FAFSA.