The Haven at Drexel
The Haven at Drexel
208 N. 35th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Together, we can do what we can't do apart. The Haven at Drexel was born from this notion. As a peer driven residential community, we identify with each other's challenges, successes, celebrations and help one another navigate early recovery while succeeding in college. The Haven Recovery Residence is a Drexel University-approved housing option for first and second year students
Whether you're in recovery or contemplating recovery and you're committed to your college education, then you need — and deserve — all the help you can get. Now in our sixth year of operation, The Haven at Drexel is an independent recovery community run by and for college students who have committed to living clean and sober. Residents live together in a safe, supportive environment that is a short walk from the Drexel University City Campus. The Haven community is open to all Drexel students, alumni, faculty and staff who are in recovery.
The Haven at Drexel offers the following range of recovery support services for Drexel students:
- Haven at Drexel Recovery Residence: In July 2018, we moved into our newly renovated spacious house within walking distance from Drexel's campus. The Haven Recovery (Sober) House offers a peer-driven recovery support program staffed by a dedicated program director and live-in community leaders who are college students in recovery. The key pillars and benefits of The Haven Recovery Residence program are:
- 24/7-Hour Recovery Supervision and Communication with live in support and connection through a smart phone app.
- Finding Balance with ones Recovery Program, Academics, and Social Life: Weekly 1:1 meetings with our licensed and master’s level program director.
- Enhanced Personal Accountability through routine and random drug and alcohol testing with lab analysis.
- Group Accountability: weekly house meetings co-facilitated by our program director and house managers.
- Community Support from Peers: on-site Twelve-Step recovery meetings and helping students connect with other students in the recovery community.
- Individualized Programming: Integrating our step-down level program with individualized student recovery plans and other behavioral health providers when appropriate.
- Haven Peer Mentoring and Monitoring Program: is a non-residential innovative, customizable program for students who need/want support staying on the right track due to substance use issues. Program components include: case management/counseling once a week with the Haven program director; drug testing one to two times per week; peer mentoring with a Haven student in recovery who meets weekly with students and remains "on call" for support; 12-step meeting attendance at Haven weekly recovery meetings. There are two Mentoring and Monitoring tracks. One is abstinence based and the other being a harm reduction model.
- Haven Weekly 12-Step Meetings with Social Gatherings: Recovery meetings open to ALL Drexel students, staff, faculty, and alumni are held at The Haven at Drexel - 208 N. 35th St. 19104 in University City on Saturday nights at 9 p.m. Snacks and beverages provided.
- Confidential Peer Support: Haven students and in recovery and staff are available to meet with Drexel students who may be struggling with their substance use and have questions about substance use disorders and recovery. These meetings are confidential and free of charge to any Drexel student who needs support.
For more information about The Haven at College and specifically The Haven at Drexel, call Bob Ackley, Program Director, at 651.307.0030, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome any and all inquiries, and all communications are confidential.