Lisa and John McNichol, BS ’74, PhD ’79 Early Childhood Education Lab
Drexel University School of Education
The Lisa and John McNichol Early Childhood Education Lab serves as a hub of knowledge and innovation for practitioners, researchers, parents and other stakeholders in the field of early childhood education. The lab provides:
- technology to support presentations and video,
- a mini library containing the latest research publications and materials to support curriculum,
- a conference room table and chairs to support meetings and convenings,
- a white board to record and exchange ideas,
- murals of young children to inspire creativity and provide a warm and comforting environment for those who use the lab as a meeting or discussion area.
Activities in the lab include:
- Meeting space for Early Childhood Education projects
- Lending library with books, journals, and other publications
- Seminar space to host presentations and events
- Demonstration space to test and incubate new ideas
- Community resource center with materials for parents and community organizations
- Research space to discuss and incubate research ideas, carry out research and data analysis, and prepare publications.
This PowerPoint presents the mission, activities and resources of the lab and related pictures.
The lab is available to provide technical assistance to early childhood education centers. This includes providing information and tips on best practices for curriculum, teaching methods, age-appropriate activities, diet, and more.
In addition, the lab exists to foster innovation in the field of early childhood education. It is available as a space for partners and stakeholders to nurture new ideas, host gatherings, and develop action plans to bring an idea to fruition.
View activities and projects currently underway in the lab and opportunities.
Please submit a Request Form to arrange or procure meetings, research collaborations, professional development or educational resources.
Using the Lab
The lab can be reserved and used by affiliated partners, researcher, providers, and members. If you are interested in becoming affiliated with the lab, please contact Dr. Michael Haslip (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Dominic Gullo (email@example.com).
Learn more about the faculty and students working together in the lab.
About Lisa and John McNichol, BS ’74, PhD ‘79
A graduate of Drexel University, Dr. John McNichol received his PhD from the Medical College of Philadelphia. His graduate studies focused on the persistent effects of early childhood education among urban disadvantaged children.
For the next 35 years, John consulted with large and emerging pharmaceutical and biotech companies to develop the launch strategies and brand positioning for dozens of successful products in the US and globally. In addition, he ran in-house strategic workshops (e.g. SWOT analyses, Product Positioning, War Games, etc.) for clients’ senior management and conducted various strategic seminars- training nearly 2,500 pharmaceutical marketing and market research professionals in the US and around the world.
For much of his career, John worked at TVG in the positions of Executive Vice President and Vice-Chairman. For the remainder of his professional career, John served as president of his own firm, JEM Pharmaceutical Marketing Consulting.
Lisa McNichol graduated with a business degree from New York University. She spent over 20 years in consumer goods advertising and marketing. Lisa transitioned into the financial industry as a personal financial consultant and managing investment real estate.
The couple retired to Florida and Avalon, NJ in 2017, where they are active volunteers and philanthropists for quality early childhood education initiatives. At Drexel, the McNichols are engaged with the School of Education around cooperative education assignments with pre-kindergarten organizations in economically distressed neighborhoods in Philadelphia.