Top 5 Reasons to Check out DragonsTeach & DragonsTeach Middle Years
Drexel University School of Education
April 20, 2021
Drexel University provides opportunities to expand your horizons and gain that “real world” experience while in college versus after you receive your degree. The co-op program is known by people all over the world, but the opportunities here at Drexel do not just stop there. What if I told you that you could graduate from Drexel with a degree in your major and a plan B for your career? DragonsTeach and DragonsTeach Middle Years were designed for undergraduate students outside the SOE to explore education and/or obtain their teacher certification.
Here are 5 big reasons you should check out DragonsTeach and DragonsTeach Middle Years:
- Through our programs you can build and learn transferable skills for any career path – for example, teamwork, public speaking, mentorship, time management, and behavior management
- Your experience will expand your resume while at Drexel – Students share that their DT/DTMY experience is a constant topic at co-op interviews, and it sets them apart among other applications
- These programs provide a focus for students that are passionate about civic engagement & having a positive social impact on the community!
- The programs allow students to stay within their major while opening doors for other career paths upon graduation in education. You will still graduate on time and at no additional cost, as the coursework falls into elective credits
- Scholarships are available for STEM Majors that can total up to $40,000 towards your tuition!