Sponsor Electronic Research Administration (eRA)
Review the sponsor solicitation carefully to ensure you are clear on all requirements, guidelines and forms. Most sponsors require electronic proposal submission via their electronic research administration (eRA) systems. In addition to the internal COEUS record, you will prepare the application forms and submit them as required by the sponsor guidelines.
Common Federal eRA Sites
- Grants.gov Workspace: The single access point for grant programs offered by all federal grant making agencies. Use this website to search for federal funding opportunities. The Office of Research is already registered with Grants.gov for proposal submission. You do not need to register in order to access solicitations or prepare and submit proposals. Contact your pre-award administrator for more information or assistance.
- FastLane: The National Science Foundation's (NSF) online portal through which researchers and potential researchers, reviewers, research administrators and their organizations can prepare and submit proposals and reports, and present results to their NSF Program Officials.
- eRA Commons: The National Institutes of Health portal to check proposal submission status, view/print award notices, and prepare eSNAP reports. Also used by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- NSPIRES: NASA grants portal to search for solicitation, submit proposals, prepare reports, and present results.
- FedBizOpps: Federal contracting opportunities.
- ProposalCENTRAL: Grant submission website shared by many non-profit and private grant-making organizations such as the American Cancer Society, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Standard internal requirements and review are necessary for all proposals submitted electronically through these systems.