The purpose of effort reporting is to provide a reasonable basis for distributing salary charges among direct and non-sponsored activities. Adherence to our Effort Reporting Policy ensures that efforts are:
- Appropriately documented;
- Certified by authorized personnel in a timely manner;
- Certifications comply with sponsor requirements and federal regulations; and
- Based on reasonable project expenditures, with respect to salaries and wages.
Principal investigators are responsible for submitting interim/final progress reports to the sponsor as required, which typically address project management concerns:
- Challenges faced;
- Supporting data or documentation; and
- Management activities.
- Analysis of actual expenses against the projected expenses
- Discussion of expected shortfalls and solutions and under-spending, if applicable
- Principal investigators must complete the Invention Disclosure Form found here and submit it to the Office of Technology Commercialization.