Conducting research is not just a scientific activity; it's project management, too. Any project involving multiple activities and deadlines requires management and monitoring. Using simple project management techniques will help you keep control of your research project.
In addition to financial management, project teams must:
- Review and understand notice of award terms and conditions.
- Maintain and submit technical reports.
- Ensure project deliverables are met.
- Submit scientific progress reports.
- Obtain sponsor's approval regarding proposed changes to the project.