Drexel's expert Foundation Relations (FR) team in the Office of Institutional Advancement offers a wide range of resources for faculty and administrators who seek external private funding for their academic research and programs.
Funding from foundations may be obtained in response to published solicitations or ongoing relationships with sponsors. From multi-million dollar international foundations to small local family trusts, application requirements and processes can vary widely.
Foundation Relations (FR) Information
- Find out more about working with FR.
- Locate a Foundation and Corporate Relations specialist supporting your school/college.
- Explore available funding via database searches:
- Pivot database is a comprehensive global source of sponsored funding opportunities and provides scholarly profiles to match researchers with financial partners and collaborators. Access your account using your Drexel abc123 email account. (this replaces ProQuest COS).
- The Foundation Center provides an online directory that is a searchable database of foundation and corporate philanthropic opportunities. Please contact FCR to perform queries.
- Funding Institutional (FI), a global funding opportunities database, is part of the Elsevier suite subscription funded by the Office of Research and the Office of Institutional. FI is available to faculty, students and staff. You must be within Drexel’s IP range or VPN to access FI. Create an account using your Drexel abc123 email account from the FI homepage.