The Inaugural Nina Henderson Provost Scholars
This message was sent to students, faculty and staff by the Provost on December 10, 2021.
Dear Students and Colleagues,
It is my sincere pleasure to announce the inaugural cohort of student awardees who comprise the Nina Henderson Provost Scholars.
Made possible by support from Nina Henderson, Chair of the Board of Trustee’s Academic Affairs committee, Vice Chair of the Board and Drexel alumna, the Nina Henderson Provost Scholars Program is an annual scholarship program that provides 12 motivated Drexel students with the opportunity to enhance their leadership skills and play a hands-on role in shaping the Drexel experience.
The Nina Henderson Provost Scholars advise and collaborate with senior leadership in the Office of the Provost on projects related to key priorities of the Strategic Plan. The projects address areas such as facilitating adaptable, immersive curricula; strengthening an equity-driven culture and reimagining higher education in the next 10 years.
The following high-achieving undergraduate and graduate students — chosen from an impressive pool of over 270 applicants — comprise the inaugural cohort:
- Atharva Bhagwat, BS Computing Technology for Sustainability and Society (Custom-Designed Major) ’23
- Monique Boskett, MBA ’23
- Jana Lenart, BS Biological Sciences ’24
- Ryan Light, BS Chemical Engineering ’22
- Ranjini Mahalanobish, BSBA Business Administration ’24
- Sarah Malik, PhD Mechanical Engineering ’20 ’24
- Sasha C. Mendez, MS Urban Strategy ’23
- August Modiga, BA Philosophy, Politics and Economics ’23
- Michael Rocchi, MPH/MBA ’23
- Jonathan Parker, BSBA Finance and Real Estate Management ’22
- Disha Patel, BS Chemistry ’24
- María José Garcia Rivas, BS/MS Biomedical Engineering ’24
Visit the Nina Henderson Provost Scholars webpage to learn more about the Scholars’ backgrounds and the projects they will help to lead.
I’m grateful to the Provost’s Office colleagues who will guide and collaborate with the Nina Henderson Provost Scholars on strategic projects: Vice Provost Shivanthi Anandan, Graduate College Associate Dean Alonzo Flowers, Senior Vice Provost Lucy Kerman, Senior Vice Provost Rosalind Remer, Interim Senior Vice Provost Rajneesh Suri, Senior Vice President Elisabeth Van Bockstaele, and Graduate College Assistant Dean Anne Converse Willkomm.
Please join me in congratulating the Nina Henderson Provost Scholars. I look forward to the contributions of these exceptional student leaders to the University and strategic projects in the coming year.
Executive Vice President
Nina Henderson Provost