Institute for Women’s Health and Leadership 2022 Woman One Award Celebrates Lynn Yeakel
April 26, 2022
By Lisa Ryan
The Institute for Women's Health and Leadership celebrated the Woman One Award on Monday, April 25. Lynn Yeakel, former director of the Institute and the Betty A. Cohen Chair in Women's Health, and founder of the Woman One Award and Scholarship Fund program, was honored posthumously during the ceremony as Woman One 2022.
In the fall of 2021, the Woman One Selection Committee, composed of former honorees, unanimously chose to honor Lynn for her longtime leadership and contributions to the Philadelphia region. The Woman One Award ceremony and reception celebrated Lynn's legacy as an inspiring leader and an unrelenting voice for women's equality. In addition to her work with the Institute and Woman One, Lynn additionally founded the national gender equality initiative “Vision 2020,” now named “VisionForward."
The 5:30 p.m. ceremony and reception were hosted by Honorary Co-Chairs of the Woman One Award Drexel University President John Fry and Leslie Anne Miller, the 2004 Woman One honoree. Speakers included:
- Christianah Alli, MD Program Class of 2025, Woman One Scholar
- Laurada Byers, 2014 Woman One honoree
- Elizabeth Centurion, MD Program Class of 2022, Woman One Scholar
- Garvens Charles, MD Program Class of 2025, D. Walter Cohen Shared Leadership scholar
- Donyell Doram, MD Class of 2013, former Woman One Scholar
- Michelle Ehiriodo, MD Program Class of 2025, Woman One Scholar
- Eileen McDonnell, 2019 Woman One honoree
- Daniel V. Schidlow, MD, College of Medicine professor and former Walter H. and Leonore Annenberg Dean and senior vice president of medical affairs
- Molly Shepard, 2017 Woman One honoree
- Abay Tadesse, D. Walter Cohen Shared Leadership scholar
Mae Yeakel, granddaughter of Lynn Yeakel, spoke at the event and accepted the Woman One Award in Lynn’s honor.