Prospective students and their families can contact Drexel Central for questions about financial aid in one of the following ways: 

Call 1.877.DREXEL5 or 215.895.1600

Visit Drexel Central Office – Suite 106,
Main Building, 3141 Chestnut Street


Grants are need-based awards that do not need to be repaid. Grants can come from Drexel, state and/or the federal government.

Undergraduate Grants

The Drexel Grant is offered to first-year and full-time on-campus transfer applicants (students seeking a second bachelor's degree, as well as those who have earned a graduate/professional degree prior to their start at Drexel are ineligible) who complete a CSS Profile when they are applying for admission to Drexel. Both domestic and international students are eligible for this grant. The Drexel Grant is renewable for future years for up to 12 class terms in which you are registered for classes (not for terms a student is on co-op) provided you maintain full-time enrollment.

The amount of the grant is first applied to the cost of tuition; any remaining funding after tuition is paid will be applied toward general University fees and Drexel room and board charges.

In order to be considered for a Drexel Grant, you must submit a CSS Profile by the applicable deadline.

The Federal Pell Grant is a need-based grant available to students pursuing their first bachelor's degree. Eligibility is based upon your expected family contribution and enrollment status. You are automatically reviewed for the Pell Grant once Drexel receives your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Additional information about the Federal Pell Grant can be found on the Student Aid website.

The Federal SEOG Grant is a need-based grant provided by the Department of Education offered to students who demonstrate significant financial need. You are automatically reviewed for the SEOG award when your financial aid package is being evaluated.

To be eligible for the SEOG Grant, you must have significant financial need as determined by your expected family contribution and be an undergraduate student who is receiving a Pell Grant. The amount of SEOG funding Drexel receives from the Department of Education is subject to change year-to-year.

Pennsylvania offers need-based grant funding to Pennsylvania residents who are pursuing their first bachelor's degree at a higher education institution within the state. Eligibility is based upon the financial information submitted on their FAFSA, their enrollment, and campus location.

Only students who are enrolled at least half-time (6 credits a term) and meet the Pennsylvania residency requirements will be considered for a PA State Grant. Both on-campus and online students can be considered for a PA State Grant. Drexel will receive an estimated grant amount for all students who meet the initial eligibility requirements. Final determinations of grant amounts are made by Drexel in coordination with Pennsylvania's guidelines once the state budget has been finalized.

Pennsylvania does not allow students to receive a PA State Grant for terms during which they are on co-op. 

Summer quarter is considered to be an extra term by Pennsylvania; therefore, undergraduate students who take classes during the summer may be eligible for an additional Summer PA State Grant. This additional grant is based on a separate application that must be filed with Pennsylvania.

Additional information about this award can be found on

Some students from outside of Pennsylvania may receive funds from their state scholarship programs that can be used at Drexel University. Currently, students living in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont, and West Virginia may use their state scholarships at Drexel University. To apply for a state scholarship, contact your state financial aid agency or call the federal education information center at 1.800.433.3243 to get the telephone number and address of your state agency for program requirements and application procedures. When you receive an eligibility notice from your state program, you should submit it to Drexel Central.

The Fostering Independence Tuition Waiver Program provides eligible foster youth with a tuition waiver for up to five academic years or until they reach age 26. View more information about the Fostering Independence Tuition Waiver Program.

Graduate Grants

The Drexel Grad Grant is available to all graduate applicants who are Drexel undergraduate alumni. The grant pays $100 for every credit hour you enroll for during your first four consecutive quarters of the graduate program.

In order to be considered for the Grad Grant, you must be a prospective graduate student who will be attending a program on campus and indicate on your admission application that you previously received an undergraduate degree from Drexel (bachelor of science/bachelor of arts degrees only; RAD Tech and undergraduate certificate-level degrees do not qualify for this award).

This award cannot be combined with any other graduate aid from the University, including Dean's Fellowships and Awards; teaching, research, and graduate assistantships; and any other college-specific aid. Grad Grant eligibility may not be carried forward to future terms in the event of periods of inactivity or ineligibility after the first term of enrollment. The award is only applicable for students in master's-level programs (students in PhD or post-bachelor's certificate programs are not eligible for this award). Students in BS/MS and other accelerated programs are not eligible for the Drexel Grad Grant. 

The Teacher's Incentive Grant is available to new graduate students enrolled in the on-campus master's program in the Teaching, Learning, and Curriculum: Teacher Certification track. Eligible students may receive a 25% discount on graduate tuition.

Federal TEACH Grant

The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant offers up to $4,000 a year. While federal guidelines allow both undergraduate and graduate students to participate in the program, Drexel only awards TEACH Grants to graduate students in one of the programs listed below. The TEACH Grant has several unique requirements, including enrolling in certain coursework while pursuing their degree and completing service in designated employment post-college. The TEACH Grant will be converted to a loan if students fail to maintain the requirements established by the Department of Education. More information about the program can be found at the Federal Student Aid TEACH Grant Webpage.

Eligibility Requirements

Students must meet the following criteria to be considered for the TEACH Grant:

  • File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
  • Be a U.S. Citizen or eligible Non-Citizen
  • Be enrolled in a TEACH-Grant-eligible program
  • Be enrolled as a graduate student in a post-secondary educational institution that has chosen to participate in the federal TEACH Grant program
  • Meet certain academic achievement requirements (generally, scoring above the 75th percentile on a college admissions test or maintaining a cumulative gpa of at least 3.25)
  • Sign a federal TEACH Grant agreement to serve
  • Complete TEACH Grant counseling that explains the terms and conditions of the TEACH Grant service obligations

2023–2024 Eligible Majors

Graduate Degree Programs:

  • TLC – Teaching, Learning & Curriculum
  • CSED – Secondary Education Certification

Eligible programs for the Federal TEACH Grant, at this time, would be the graduate-level, School of Education Master’s and post-baccalaureate degree programs leading to initial PA teacher certification in grades 7–12 STEM areas, i.e., Biology, Chemistry, Earth & Space Science, General Science, Mathematics, and Physics.

Applying for a TEACH Grant

Students interested in applying for a TEACH Grant will need to complete the following each year:

Contact Us


Monday and Wednesday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:30 a.m–5 p.m.

During Week 1 of Each Quarter: Monday–Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.