Share Your Expertise
Get Involved on Campus or in Your Local Area
Do you have professional skills, a unique career path or advice you’d like to share with fellow alumni and students? Here are some ways that you can get involved:
- Speak to a class virtually or in person, or give a lecture or presentation to alumni or students.
- Participate in student recruitment efforts by speaking to prospective students at at Open House events on campus or at recruitment fairs held in cities throughout the country.
- Support the mission of the Dornsife School of Public Health by getting involved with the Public Health Alumni Network.
- Lead a Coffee & Convos event: a small, informal networking events that offers students and public health professionals an opportunity to connect and network. Sharing information about your organization and experiences helps students explore work environments, industries, and public health career paths over coffee.
- Participate in the Alumni Mentoring Program, which connects current students with alumni.
Please contact Michelle Quigley at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about these opportunities.
Become a Preceptor
Our alumni are a valuable resource in connecting current students to meaningful opportunities to grow as public health professionals.
We encourage alumni to support our students' preparedness to improve population health by becoming preceptors. Learn more about how to serve as a preceptor for Dornsife School of Public Health students.
You can also contact Tariem Burroughs, MSEd, MSODL, MA, director of Experiential Learning and Career Services, at DSPHstudentprojects@drexel.edu to speak about the potential for students to become involved at your organization.
Advance Your Career
Steinbright Career Development Centers manages Handshake, a University-wide portal that allows students and alumni to view internships and jobs posted by employers.
We encourage students and alumni to create a Handshake profile with rich, career-related details. This will customize the information Handshake pushes to your home page: jobs, workshops and events, and other resources, all based on your interests. Contact Helene Stockman-Baer if you have questions about how to access Handshake.
Additionally, alumni can contact Drexel Alumni Career Services for career counseling, plus access to assessments and career guides.
The Symplicity database – the project/job database for the Dornsife School of Public Health – is available to alumni who may be employers or job seekers. Employers can post jobs on this database (including APEs, ILEs, and fellowships relevant to public health), and alumni can sign up to review job postings.
Dragon Network is Drexel University’s official professional community for alumni and students. This easy-to-use platform facilitates career-focused conversations, provides unique opportunities to give back through mentorship and unites Dragons from around the world -- one connection at a time. Get started and join Dragon Network today.
Learn more about ordering official or unofficial transcripts for alumni through Drexel Central.
ASPPH Membership Agreement
The Dornsife School of Public Health is a member of the Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH). A benefit of this membership includes helping current students and recent alumni access the job posting databases of other Schools and Programs of Public Health at other institutions of higher education.
In order to secure access to the posting board of another ASPPH member institution, please email Michelle Quigley with the name of the member institution, the contact information of the member institution’s career services staff, and a copy of your resume.
In addition to lectures and symposiums, Dornsife also offers opportunities for lifelong learning, including: