Student Health Billing
The Drexel Student Health Center bills the student's health insurance plan for all services including office visits, immunizations, physicals, lab draws, allergy shots, etc.
All Drexel students are required to have health insurance, and it is important for you and your family to review your current coverage. Otherwise, without the proper insurance coverage, you will be considered "self-pay" and will be responsible for the full cost of the office visit. Learn more about Drexel's health insurance requirements and how to enroll.
If You Have an Out of State Medicaid Plan
These plans are funded by your home state. If you have Medicaid insurance outside of Pennsylvania, services at Student Health will not be covered by your plan. You are only covered out of your home state at urgent care centers and hospitals. The Drexel Student Health Center is credentialed as a primary care provider (PCP).
Need to enroll in PA Medicaid? Please visit the Pennsylvania COMPASS website.
Want to visit the PA insurance marketplace to compare coverage and costs? Please visit the Pennie website.
If You Have HMO Insurance
You will need to make "Drexel Student Health" your primary care provider. We will be unable to provide any health services or referrals if we are not listed as your primary care provider.
Changing Your Primary Care Provider (PCP)
This can be done by calling your insurance company's member service line or visiting their website. Provide our office information, including our group NPI: 1356458772. Student Health cannot make this change for you.
Insurance Billing Terms
Due to the variety of insurance plans that students may have, please check with your individual plan to determine if services will be covered. We cannot guarantee coverage of services completed at Student Health with each student's individual insurance.
The following list are common health insurance terms and how they relate to receiving services at Drexel's Student Health Center:
- Copayments: The copayment amount is determined by your insurance company and usually located on your insurance card. The Student Health Center will collect your co-pay at the time of visit. This can be in the form of cash, check, or credit card. You can also make payment via MyChart.
- Deductibles: Some insurance companies require a patient to meet an out of pocket amount each year of enrollment with the policy. Your insurance will not provide payment of claims submitted to them until this amount is met. Since deductibles vary per plan, we do not collect this amount at the time of visit; you will receive a bill.
- Coinsurance: This is the percentage of costs of the services and treatment you are responsible for after you have met your health plan's overall deductible. Since the coinsurance amount can vary depending on services received, we do not collect this amount at the time of visit-you will receive a bill.
We are happy to answer questions regarding billing by phone, MyChart, or stopping by the Health Center!
Information to Bring to Your Appointments
Please bring the following to all of your visits to the Drexel Student Health Center:
- Your Drexel ID
- Your health insurance card or information (copies of the front and back of the card are acceptable)
- A form of payment for co-pay or fees: cash, check, or credit card