Student Health Center Services
The Drexel Student Health Center offers comprehensive health services to support the academic and social well-being of our students. The Drexel Student Health Center is available to all full-time and part-time students who are enrolled in classes for the current quarter in which services are needed.
If you are a student currently on a leave of absence, have recently graduated, or are a Drexel employee, we will be happy to see you at Tower Health Meical Group – Family Medicine in University City (3401 Market St., Suite 105A). To make an appointment with the University City office of Tower Health Meical Group – Family Medicine, please call 215.220.4720.
Drexel Student Health Services for Current Students
- Sick Visits
- Women's health care, including PAP Smears, birth control and pregnancy testing
- Physical exams for co-op, driver’s license, study abroad, etc.
- Confidential STD testing
- Allergy shots
- Travel immunizations (Hep A and Hep B)
- Routine Immunizations (HPV, MMR, Varicella, Meningococcal, Tdap, pneumococcal, influenza)
- Tuberculosis screening
- Certain medications on site
- Refills of ADHD medications when documentation of diagnosis and current treatment are provided
- Office-based procedures
- Free condoms
- Onside lab for bloodwork
In Case of Sexual Assault
Call 911 or the Drexel Police at 215.895.2222, and they will direct you to the appropriate sexual assault center for evaluation. Also, please consider calling or visiting the Counseling Center for additional support needs.
For Psychological Emergencies
Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., please call the Drexel Counseling Center at 215.895.1415. After hours and on weekends, there is an on-call counselor available for emergencies at 215.416.3337.
Other Area Services
For urgent matters after hours, please go to a nearby Urgent Care facility or your nearest Emergency Room.
- Vybe Urgent Care
3550 Market St.
- myDoc Urgent Care
3717 Chestnut St.
- myDoc Urgent Care
1420 Locust St.
- Jefferson Urgent Care
2021 Chestnut St.
Local Emergency Rooms
- Penn Presbyterian Medical Center: located at 39th Street and Powelton Avenue
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP): located at 34th and Spruce streets, they offer fast track services (available 12 hours a day, 7 days a week)
If you have a prescription plan, be sure to show your card prior to filling a prescription. Prescriptions can be filled at most area pharmacies, though some insurance plans may not be accepted by the pharmacy.
Several national pharmacy chains are located in University City and Center City including: