Become a Peer Counselor
Interested in becoming a Peer Counselor?
- An excellent listener?
- Committed to helping others?
- Willing to volunteer your time?
- Interested in building your resume?
- Help to promote and improve a culture of mental health and wellness at Drexel through direct peer support and programming.
- Are trained to provide non-crisis peer support for students experiencing stress, anxiety, sadness, relationship concerns, and academic struggles.
- Learn active listening, communication, and presentation skills.
- Have opportunities to work with Drexel University Counseling Center (DUCC) professional staff to develop and present outreach programming regarding mental health and wellness. •
- Learn about reducing barriers to accessing mental health and wellness resources, including stigma.
- Attend to relevant cultural considerations for students seeking support.
How do I apply?
Starting in the spring term, we will be recruiting new Peer Counselors to start the fall 2023 term! Email Sarah Maver, PhD at email@example.com for an application.