Making An Appointment
QUICK ACCESS CHECK-IN SESSIONS AT THE COUNSELING CENTER
SEPTEMBER 14 - 25, 2020
Between Monday, Sept. 14 and Friday, Sept. 25 we will be offering Quick Access Check-In appointments only.
This approach allows our clinical team to offer support to as many students as possible each day during periods of highest demand. We ask that students email the Counseling Center at email@example.com on the same day that they would like to meet with a clinician.
- Students who schedule a Quick Access Check-In appointment during these time periods will meet with a clinician for a focused, single session of care so they may obtain tools, tips, or strategies for addressing what is troubling them.
- To schedule a Quick Access Check-In appointment during these time periods, students should email the Counseling Center between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. We will attempt to schedule you for the same day, but depending on availability you may be not be seen until the following day.
Please note that this change in service does not affect students' ability to reach the Counselor-on-Call in the event of an emergency after hours or on the weekend. Students may still call After-Hours Emergency On-Call: 215.416.3337; Public Safety: 215.895.2222; or Dial 9-1-1.
Quick Access Check-In appointments will provide students with an opportunity to talk confidentially with a clinician about their immediate concerns. Students should plan for this appointment to last about 25-30 minutes. Your clinician will talk with you about the reasons you scheduled the appointment and will focus on meeting your immediate needs. In cases where students and clinicians collaboratively determine that additional support is required, your clinician will make recommendations and answer any questions you may have.
WE WILL RESUME REGULAR APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING ON MONDAY, SEPT. 28, 2020.
Keeping Our Community Healthy
We hope that you are doing well in light of the ongoing concerns regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus). With this rapidly-evolving situation, we continue to evaluate how best to deliver our services in order to protect the health and safety of Drexel University's students and staff. As a result of recent announcements by the University, the staff of the Counseling Center will be operating remotely through the fall 2020 academic term; all on-campus/in-person services have been suspended.
Teletherapy services will be offered via HIPAA-compliant Zoom (video chat) and will be offered with an emphasis on addressing a student’s immediate concerns, with a particular focus on problem-solving and symptom management. In cases where a student may not be able to connect via Zoom, telephone sessions will be offered as an alternative. Several online group counseling and workshop resources will be made available in the coming weeks.
For students interested in a referral for off-campus counseling, our case manager is available to provide resources or to help with navigating insurance to find a provider.
Further updates will be posted as they become available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For more information about coronavirus visit https://drexel.edu/now/coronavirus/response/.
Hours and Scheduling
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Counseling Center will be scheduling teletherapy appointments between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday - Friday. If you would like to make an appointment for teletherapy or are trying to reach the Counseling Center for another issue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our voicemail will be checked every hour during normal business hours, so if you call us by phone we ask that you leave a message with your name and email contact information so we can respond.
While we are working remotely, students will be asked to complete the following steps when scheduling a first-time appointment:
- Students should contact email@example.com to request an appointment.
- After you have confirmed the date and time of your appointment, you will receive an email response which will include information about two additional email notifications you will receive before your meeting time.
- The instructions that are listed in these emails must be followed in order for treatment at the Counseling Center to begin. They includes the steps to complete paperwork through an online system and approval of a meeting request via Zoom.
- IMPORTANT: ALL PAPERWORK MUST BE COMPLETED AT LEAST 15 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT TIME OR ELSE YOU WILL BE ASKED TO RESCHEDULE. Please leave yourself enough time as it can take between 20-30 minutes to complete all paperwork.
If you have questions about this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are currently in crisis, please contact our on-call counselor at 215.416.3337. If this is a psychological emergency and you need immediate attention, please dial 911 or visit your nearest emergency room.