Television & Media Management Graduate Program
ON CAMPUS OR ONLINE
Advance Your Career in the Industry You Love
Today's multi-platform television and media industry is competitive, complex and constantly evolving. As a result, there are countless new career opportunities for diverse professionals who are passionate about content creation, deal-making, delivery, and audience measurement. Drexel University’s Paul F. Harron graduate program in Television & Media Management offers two graduate study options to prepare domestic and international students for demanding and fulfilling careers in television and media: the Master of Science in Television & Media Management and dual MS/MBA.
Students in the Television & Media Management program receive real-world experience through simulations, professional networking opportunities, and internships with a range of content distributors (streaming organizations, direct-to-consumer media hybrids, broadcast television station groups, etc.), viewer research organizations, and media marketing and advertising firms regionally, nationally, and globally.
Founded in 2004, the MS in Television & Media Management Program combines practical and academic experience in courses, such as:
- Media Deal-Making
- Multi-Platform Programming
- Audience Data and Analytics
- Media Law
- Media Ethics
- Money and the Media
- TV Technology and Innovation
- Media Systems and Dynamics
- Global Television: London (Abroad)
- Capstone Seminar
Courses are taught by experienced professionals who currently work in or have significant experience in television and media leadership. With purposefully small class sizes, students can regularly engage with peers and faculty members while building their individual professional networks. The full curriculum is available here.
Two Degree Options
The stand-alone MS degree offers a solid grounding in television and media management, as well as skills specific to business leadership. The dual MS/MBA option, offered jointly with the LeBow College of Business, allows students to integrate more business course content with the management practices of multi-platform television and media, and provides graduates the advantages of also earning the renowned Drexel MBA.
Learning objectives of both the MS and MS/MBA degree programs include:
- Understanding revenue and financial models that drive the multi-platform media industry
- Confidently utilizing financial analysis tools
- Assessing present and emerging technology to successfully manage media organizations at the highest levels
- Functioning in the multi-dimensional world of programming which includes knowledge of content production, syndication, programming and counter-programming response mechanisms, and understanding the complexities of multi-platform content delivery.
- Understanding the importance of diverse teams in the media industry and utilizing that knowledge to lead organizations with a specific focus on equity and inclusion
- Learning and exercising the management skills required to lead every level of the multi-platform media industry