Center for Black Culture
The Center for Black Culture (CBC) at Drexel University serves as a hub of information, activity, and community for Black students, faculty, staff, and alumni. The CBC aims to increase knowledge, recognition, and respect of the people, histories, and cultures of the African diaspora and its many contributions to the world. All programs and services offered through the CBC are open to members of the Drexel community who want to gain a greater understanding of the Black
experience and support a welcoming and wholly inclusive campus environment.
- Partner with the Student Center for Diversity and Inclusion (SCDI) to support the intersectional identities of students across the African diaspora.
- Engage and empower students through academic, social, and cultural programs and initiatives.
- Celebrate the depth of Black traditions, customs, experiences, and contributions.
- Develop relationships with University partners to increase educational opportunities and resources.
- Support and encourage Black student leadership development and advocacy through intentional programming and workshops.
- Collaborate with Black student and affinity groups on campus to strengthen Drexel's Black community.
- Provide a safe space to promote and encourage physical and emotional wellness through collaborations with University departments, community groups, and other resources.
- Empower students to make meaningful contributions, both on campus and beyond, through social development, community engagement, and cultural appreciation.