- Budhai, S.S., & Williams, M. (2021). Humanizing virtual library instruction: Anchoring teaching presence in online information literacy sessions. Journal of Library & Information Services in Distance Education, 1-14.
- Budhai, S.S., & Grant, K.S.L. (2018). First encounters, service experiences, and parting impressions: Examining the dynamics of service-learning experiences. Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement, 22(3), 69-92.
- Budhai, S.S. & Williams, M. (2016). Teaching presence in online courses: Practical applications, co-facilitation, and technology integration. Journal of Effective Teaching, 16(3), 76-84.
- Taddei, L. & Budhai, S.S. (2016). Using voice-recorded reflection to increase cognitive presence in hybrid courses. Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education, 32(1), 38-46.
- Budhai, S.S. (2013). Two sides to every story: Exploring community partners’ perspective of
- their service-learning experiences. The Journal for Civic Commitment, 20, 1-13.
- Budhai, S.S. & Grant, K. L. (2022). Culturally Responsive Teaching Online and In-Person: An Action Planner for Dynamic Equitable Learning Environments. Corwin.
- Budhai, S.S. (2022). Leveraging Digital Tools to Assess Student Learning. Routledge.
- Budhai, S.S. & Skipwith, K. (2021). Best Practices in Engaging Online Learners Through Active and Experiential Learning in Online Courses (second edition). Routledge.
- Budhai, S.S. (Eds.). (2020). Online and Engaged: Innovative Student Affairs Practices for Online Learner Success. NASPA.
- Taddei, L. & Budhai, S.S. (2017). Nurturing Young Innovators: Cultivating Creativity in the Classroom, Home, and Community. International Society of Technology in Education (ISTE). [Translated into Arabic, 2019].
- Long, N. & Budhai, S.S. (2020). Assessing student affairs programs and services for online learners. In Budhai, S.S. (Eds.), Online and Engaged: Innovative Student Affairs Practices for Online Learner Success (pp. 87-110). NASPA.
- Budhai, S. (2020, October). Impact of classroom environment on teaching and learning: Teamwork. Campus Labs/Anthology. Virtual.
- Budhai, S. (2019, February). Building Preservice Teachers’ Capacity to Nurture Young Innovators. Society of Information Technology and Teacher Education annual convention, Las Vegas, NV.
- Taddei, L. & Budhai, S. (2018, February). Nurturing Young Minds with Creativity, Innovation, and Technology. Invited presentation at the Learning & and the Brain Conference (co-sponsored by Stanford University and UC Berkeley Graduate School of Education). San Francisco, CA.
- Budhai, S. & Taddei, L. (2017, July). Developing Critical-Thinking, Communication, Collaboration, Creativity Skills through Technology. Invited presentation at the Southern Educational Regional Board (SERB) High Schools That Work National Conference. Nashville, TN.
- Grant, K. & Budhai, S. (2018, April). Involved in Our Children’s Education: Counterstories of Black Parent Activists in Urban Schools. Paper presented at the American Education Research Association (AERA), New York, NY.
- Civic and Community Engagement
- Culturally Responsive and Anti-Racist Pedagogy
- Digital Equity, Inclusion, and Access
- Emerging Learning Technologies
- Online and Dual Audience Teaching and Learning
- Drexel University, School of Education
Associate Clinical Professor
- Drexel University, Lindy Center for Civic Engagement
- Neumann University, School of Education
- Neumann University, School of Education
Director of Graduate Education
- Neumann University, Division of Education
- NHS Human Services
Child and Adolescent Outpatient Therapist
- University of Maryland College Park, College Park Scholars
Assistant Director, Science, Discovery, and the Universe Program
- University of Maryland College Park, Office of Multicultural Student Involvement and Community Advocacy
Graduate Coordinator, Black Student Involvement and Community Advocacy
- Foundations for Families
Child Development Associate Program Instructor
- Brown University, Office of Summer and Continuing Studies
Community Director, SPARK Middle School Program
Stephanie Smith Budhai, PhD is an Associate Clinical Professor of Teaching, Online, and Higher Education in the Department of Teaching, Learning, and Curriculum. Her professional and scholarly interdisciplinary work is focused on a myriad of areas related to Civic and Community Engagement, Culturally Responsive and Anti-Racist Pedagogy, Digital Equity, Emerging Learning Technologies, and Online and Dual Audience Teaching and Learning. Dr. Smith Budhai is a recognized expert in online learning and two of her books have been translated into Arabic. Dr. Smith Budhai has more than a decade of online teaching experience, and has published dozens of books, articles, and invited editorials surrounding the use of technology and online learning in education through major publishers including Corwin, the International Society of Technology in Education (ISTE), the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), and Routledge/Taylor Francis. She is a certified K-12 teacher in Technology Education, Instructional Technology and Business, Computers, and Information Technology as well as Special and Elementary Education. Dr. Smith Budhai is the 2021 Emerging Leader for the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE) and the 2017 ISTE awardee for Excellence in Teacher Education. She serves as a K-12 & Higher Education online course peer reviewer for Quality Matters and serves on the boards of the Pennsylvania Association for Educational Communications and Technology Southeast Region and the Pennsylvania Chapter of the National Association of Multicultural Education.