- Lee, V. & Levine, B. (2016, November 30-December 3). Fostering the early literacy and technology practices of immigrant parents through Project LIFE. Roundtable paper presentation at the Literacy Research Association 66th Annual Conference, Knoxville, TN.
- Lee, V., Hoekje, B. and Levine, B. “Introducing technology to immigrant families to support early literacy development and two-generation learning.” Language Arts, January 2018.
- Lee, V., Saal, L., Levine, B., Reinsburrow, A., Struloeff, K. “Centering Civic Literacy: Exploring Adult Civic Education Programs in Germany, Estonia, the United States, and Australia.” Chapter in : Robinson, P., Williams, K., & Stojanovic, M. (eds.) Global Citizenship for Adult Education: Advancing Critical Literacies for Equity and Social Justice (Routledge, 2022)
- Levine, B., O’Donnell, S., Milne, R., Fischer, L., & Struloeff, K. “Pk-12 Schools: The Building Blocks of Resilient Communities.” Chapter accepted for publication in The Future of Architecture and Urbanism in the Post-COVID Age (to be published in 2022 by Routledge)
- Levine, B. (November 2016) Exploring the Community School Phenomenon in the School District of Lancaster, PA. Roundtable presentation at the International Conference on Urban Education, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Panel Presentation with Rebecca Clothey and Kristy Kelly, “Online Global and International Education Program: Drexel University’s Program in Context.” Comparative and International Education Society Annual Conference, Mexico City, March 2018.
- Roundtable Presentation with Kathleen Provenzano, “Breaking the Mold: Examining Community School Implementation Across One Pennsylvania District,” AERA Annual Conference, Toronto, 2019
- Roundtable Presentation of Findings to Date from “ Exploring the Community School Phenomenon in the School District of Lancaster, PA,” International Conference on Urban Education, San Juan, Puerto Rico, November, 2016
- Roundtable Presentation with Vera Lee of “Project LIFE: Literacy for Immigrant Family Engagement,” Literacy Research Association conference, Nashville, TN, December, 2016
- Panel Presentation, with Vera Lee, Leah Saal (Loyola University), Amanda Reinsburrow, and Katrina Struloeff June 30, 2020, Coalition on Adult Basic Education virtual conference, “Civic education for adults: Learning from the “Highest Performing” Countries”
- Session Presentation with Bill Lynch, “A Path to the Future of Workforce Development: Virtual Learning.” July 1, 2020, National Association of Workforce Boards Annual Forum (Virtual) 2020
Session Presentation with R. Milne and S. O’Donnell of Perkins Eastman architecture and design firm. “ “Schools: The Heart of our Communities.” January 29, 2021. Conference on “International Perspectives on the Future of Architecture and Urbanism in the Post-Covid Age,” organized by the Epidemic Urbanism Initiative.
- Falletta, S., Keiser, L., & Levine, B. School of Education virtual presentation (with DUO) to community college professionals, “Community college trends and issues among the New (Ab)normal.” (6/29/21)
- US Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Federal Academic Alliance, Learning and Development Division—Panel on Online Education and the Federal Government, August 3, 2021
- Session Presentation with R. Milne and S. O’Donnell of Perkins Eastman architecture and design firm. “ “Schools: The Heart of our Communities.” LearningSCAPES Conference, Denver, CO, 10/16/21.
- Session Presentation with R. Milne and S. O’Donnell of Perkins Eastman architecture and design firm. “ “Schools: The Heart of our Communities.” EDSPACES Conference, Pittsburgh, PA November 5, 2021
- Sterin, K., Weiss, E. & Levine, B. “Leveraging student supports in communities across the country: Lessons learned during the Covid-19 pandemic.” Panel at AEFP conference, March 2022.
- Relationship between US private sector and not-for-profit funders with K-12 systems and higher education
- Global/humane/ moral/civics education
- Holistic approach to urban education
- Role of K-12 schools in community resilience
- Community school models
- Education law, especially related to issues surrounding technology
- Impact of physical and programmatic design of K-12 schools on educational and community outcomes
- GW Consulting (for-profit subsidiary of The George Washington University)
- Admine, Inc.
- Deloitte and Touche
- Fantus Consulting
- Booz Allen and Hamilton
- Baer Marks and Upham (New York)
- Skadden Arps Slate Meagher and Flom (New York)
Based in Washington, DC, I enjoy living in the Nation’s Capital and bringing to the School, perhaps a slightly different perspective on education and urban matters. I think that is enhanced by the fact that I have lived several professional lives—practicing attorney, strategy consultant, and executive of several startups—before joining the faculty at Drexel. On the personal front, I have two adult children who live in DC and, along with my wife, I pursue our interests in foreign travel (I have visited almost 60 countries and territories), food, hiking, and taking advantage of being urban dwellers. When not doing these things, I am very active civically in my community—most recently, I have been a Board member and Treasurer of the Southwest Community Foundation and, as of November 8, 2022, I was elected to public office, to serve as a Commissioner of Advisory Neighborhood Commission 6D which encompasses the Southwest Waterfront neighborhood.