Levine, B. (November 2016) Exploring the Community School Phenomenon in the School District of Lancaster, PA. Roundtable presentation at the International Conference on Urban Education, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Lee, V. & Levine, B. (2016, November 30-December 3). Fostering the early literacy and technology practices of immigrant parents through Project LIFE. Roundtable paper presentation at the Literacy Research Association 66th Annual Conference, Knoxville, TN.
- Relationship between US private sector and not-for-profit funders with K-12 systems and higher education
- Global/humane/ moral/civics education
- Holistic approach to urban education
- GW Consulting (for-profit subsidiary of The George Washington University)
- Admine, Inc.
- Deloitte and Touche
- Fantus Consulting
- Booz Allen and Hamilton
- Baer Marks and Upham (New York)
- Skadden Arps Slate Meagher and Flom (New York)
Based in Washington, DC, I enjoy living in the Nation’s Capital and bringing to the School, perhaps a slightly different perspective on education and urban matters. I think that is enhanced by the fact that I have lived several professional lives—practicing attorney, strategy consultant, and executive of several startups—before joining the faculty at Drexel. On the personal front, I have two adult children—one of whom lives in Philadelphia—and with my wife, pursue our interests in foreign travel, food, and taking advantage of being urban dwellers in DC. Besides my work at Drexel, the other big current involvement I have is serving as President of the Southwest Neighborhood Assembly, a historic civic association in DC that stemmed from the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s.