MS in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship
Drexel University School of Education
ONLINE MS IN CREATIVE EDUCATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Drexel University's online MS in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship is an interdisciplinary degree rooted in the concept of cultivating innovation. The curriculum combines courses in creativity, entrepreneurship, and design thinking with project-based learning experiences central to issues relevant to your work experience and environment. You will come to identify, recognize, and hone your personal leadership abilities as well as your creative and entrepreneurial mindset. This will prepare you to lead educational, business, and corporate organizations that excel through fostering a culture of innovation and allowing it to flourish. This allows school and business leaders, teachers, and employees to engage in creative problem-solving and new idea generation to resolve evolving issues within their work settings.
MASTER'S IN CREATIVE EDUCATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAM FEATURES
- 100% online with innovative course delivery and learning supports
- Learn from, and network with, respected faculty at Drexel's School of Education and Drexel's Close School of Entrepreneurship
- Exclusive access to two of Drexel's creative hubs: Drexel/Torrance Center for Creativity and Innovation and the Baiada Institute for Entrepreneurship
- Actively participate in the research activities of the Freddie Reisman Center for Translational Research in Creativity and Motivation
- Designed for professionals from a variety of backgrounds and life experiences, including those working in the business, nonprofit, and educational spaces
MASTER'S IN CREATIVE EDUCATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP CURRICULUM
Drexel's online Master's in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship is a 45-credit program. You'll take core courses in creativity and entrepreneurship, with class offerings such as:
- Creativity in the Workplace
- Entrepreneurial Practice & Mindset
- Neuroscience, Creativity, and Innovation
- Pitch It! (Learn how to effectively present your venture to investors)
In addition to your core courses, you can choose from electives in creativity and innovation, design research, and entrepreneurship. The online master's in creative education program culminates in a capstone project. For more information, please visit the Curriculum page.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MS IN CREATIVE EDUCATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAM
To be eligible for this program, it's recommended that you have a minimum of three years of work experience in your professional career. Exceptions may be granted; please contact an enrollment counselor for more information. You should also hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from an international college or university, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. For more information, please see the Admissions Criteria page.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH A MASTER'S IN CREATIVE EDUCATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP?
Whether you work in the public or private sector, there's a growing desire to incorporate innovative practices into every step of the workflow. In Drexel's MS in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship program, you'll learn the foundational and applied aspects of the creative process and entrepreneurial thinking, which you'll be able to apply to your workplace immediately. With these skills, you can help your organization foster a creative and innovative environment, while developing other creative problem-solvers within your workplace.
This degree can be applied to industries such as preK-12 and higher education, government, military, healthcare and business.
Some job titles that this program prepares you for include:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Education Administrator
- Entertainment and Recreation Manager
- General/Operations Manager
- Personnel Service Manager
- Social/Community Service Manager
MS IN CREATIVE Education and Entrepreneurship PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Graduate GPA's will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA, and a cumulative GPA above 3.0 may be considered
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting Drexel Online's Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional letters<https://online.drexel.edu/support/supporting-documents/recommendations.aspx> of recommendation
- Personal statement (500 - 750 words) describing your interest in the program. Specifically, please discuss:
- How the program relates to your previous educational activities
- If changing course, why you are moving in a new direction with your educational goals
- How the program relates to your current line of work
- How you plan to apply the program to your future goals
- Additional requirements for International Students
CREATIVE Education and Entrepreneurship DEGREE CURRICULUM
The MS in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship curriculum is designed with working professionals in mind. The graduate degree curriculum is based on both strong theoretical foundations and practical application that allows students to maximize their own creative capabilities.
The program involves 45 credit hours of coursework:
- 15 credits of required core courses in Creativity and Innovation
- 15 credits of required core courses in Entrepreneurship
- 6 credits in capstone/project work
- 9 credits of electives. Students will select electives with the assistance of their program director or academic advisor
By following the plan of study, students can expect to complete the program in two years.
For full course descriptions, please see the Drexel University Course Catalog.
HOW TO APPLY TO THE MASTER'S OF SCIENCE IN CREATIVE Education and Entrepreneurship
The Master's of Science in Creative Education and Entrepreneurship program is a 100% online degree program. Students can get started by filling out the Drexel Online Application.