NIH Data Sharing and Management Policy (1/25/23)-Drexel Update
December 9, 2022
As part of NIH’s long-standing commitment to promote the sharing of scientific data, NIH has issued the Data Management and Sharing (DMS) policy (effective 01/25/2023) to “promote the management and sharing of scientific data generated from NIH-funded or conducted research.” As part of this policy, NIH expects investigators and institutions to complete the following:
- Plan and budget for the managing and sharing of data
- Submit a DMS plan for review when applying for funding
- Comply with the approved DMS plan
To prepare for the new 2023 NIH Data Management & Sharing Policy, the Office for Research and Innovation (ORI) is hosting two information sessions on December 16, 2022 and January 12, 2023.
Who should attend?
Faculty, staff, and students who are or may be funded or supported by a NIH award or grant, including research projects, career development awards (Ks), small business SBIR/STTR, and research centers are encouraged to attend.
During this information session Sarah Saxton, Executive Director of Sponsored Programs, and Cassandra Myers, Associate Vice Provost for Research Compliance and Regulatory Affairs, will be providing the following;
- Regulatory background and how to determine if your ongoing or proposed research is subject to the DMS policy.
- Steps and tools to identify and develop appropriate methods/approaches and repositories for managing and sharing scientific data.
- How to estimate and request funds for data management and sharing and submit with proposal.
- When to provide updates and incorporate changes over the course of the project.
When to attend?
Friday, December 16, 2022 11:00 AM-12:00 PM EST: 12/16/2022 Session Registration
Thursday, January 12, 2022 10:00 AM-11:00 AM EST: 1/12/2023 Session Registration
If you are unable to attend the information session, it will be recorded and available on the ORI website, along with other resources and tools.
Email Sue Elkins at email@example.com.