Drexel University COVID-19 Rapid Response Research & Development Fund
April 1, 2020
Drexel's Rapid Response Research & Development Fund provides fast funding for faculty in support of COVID-19 research projects. These funds are for urgent action, short-term projects focused on COVID-19 related health and health-related research and development.
Funds must directly support COVID-19 research projects and must be expended no later than September 30, 2020.
What might the Rapid Response funds support? Examples include but are not limited to:
- Vaccine/therapeutic development
- Medical devices
- Public Health
- Mental Health
- Risk analysis / risk mitigation
- Economic impact
How to apply for Rapid Response Research funds?
- Submit a proposal no more than two-pages (template provided) via the Drexel University Funding Portal.
- These short proposals have the following required sections
- Research team (faculty members/affiliations)
- Private sector participation (if any) or other partners
- Project description
- Potential impact
- A timetable showing activities and anticipated deliverables
- Budget and budget justification
- Biosketch/CV for all project PIs
- Letter of support from both dean and department head from each school/college.
Total funds available: $100,000
Project Awards: Up to $10,000
Award announcements begin Monday, April 6, 2020. Awards will be made until funds are exhausted.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org