2018 Partial Federal Government Shutdown
January 15, 2019
The federal government shutdown started on December 22, 2018 which affects agencies that are not covered (funded) by appropriations bills already signed into law.
The following federal agencies are funded by an appropriations bill so their grant agreements should not be affected:
In general, the following will be true for agencies in shutdown. Should you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Existing Awards, work can continue if obligated funds are available and the work does not require support of federal employees or facilities.
- Additional Funds, including Continuation/Supplement and New Awards will not be awarded during the shutdown.
- New Federal funding opportunities will not be posted during the shutdown.
- Applications can be submitted, but deadlines may be affected. Check with your sponsor. Systems for proposal submission will be available, but proposals will not be reviewed. If the systems experience technical issues, they may not be resolved.
- Progress/Technical reports must be submitted on time.
- Financial reports must be submitted on time.
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has a list of Frequently Asked Questions during a lapse in appropriations.
If you receive information that isn’t already on this page, please forward it to email@example.com.