New Submission Process
Please review IACUC policies and guidelines [PDF].
- The principal investigator must submit the application forms to IACUC at least 15 working days before IACUC Meeting. Please see the Submission calendar for new protocol submission deadlines.
- The application is reviewed prior to the meeting (pre-reviewed) by two or more reviewers.
- Pre-review comments are provided to the principal investigator at least nine working days before IACUC meeting.
- The principal investigator submits revised application along with a letter summarizing responses to pre-reviewers comments at least seven working days before the meeting.
- The IACUC will review the protocol at the subsequent meeting. Based on the deliberations, the IACUC will make one of the following decisions: approve, approve pending conditions, tabled, or withhold approval.
Required Application Material
The following material and training is required for IACUC approval of a new protocol. Please submit the appropriate forms to IACUC@drexel.edu. All application forms must be complete and submitted by the submission deadlines.
IACUC Protocol Application
IACUC Protocol Form [DOCX]
Please complete and submit the IACUC protocol application by the submission deadline
If your project has an external sponsor, a copy of the vertebrae animal section of the research proposal to the sponsor is required. Please include a copy with the IACUC Protocol application.
All persons listed on the IACUC protocol application must have completed the following training before the protocol can be approved:
- Occupational Health Certificate
- ULAR Species Specific Training
- CITI Training Modules
Please see Training Requirements for more information.
If the animal protocol involves work with bio-hazardous materials, an approved protocol from the Institutional Biosafety Committee will be required. Please review the requirements for submitting a biosafety protocol.